//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Tecate 86 vs tecaye 87 rear disc brake

--

Tecate 86 vs tecaye 87 rear disc brake

Hi guys,

I was wondering if a rear disc brake from a 1987 kxt tecate could be used on a 1986 tecate ? The part numbers are not the same so ...
    part number for the front disc are the same though.

So why the rear disc should be different ? I know the rear brake pad are not the same too.

Thanks

--
    87 rear disc has a larger od. check the rear disc hub part numbers between the years. if thats the same they should swap. caliper may hit the 87 disc on the 86 though.
    Billet Triz 250 parts, Case Savers, Engine Mounts, Boost Bottles, Oil Caps, and Shifters, pm me for info

Shock Rebuilding, PM me for details TRI-Z Shocks rebuilt too

My Feedback
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-sblt500r

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by sblt500r View Post
    87 rear disc has a larger od. check the rear disc hub part numbers between the years. if thats the same they should swap. caliper may hit the 87 disc on the 86 though.
    Wow, that's impressive SBLT. I was going to tell him they should be the same.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    i only know this because i sold a rear skid, and it wouldn't fit the 87, fits 86's fine. so i had to modify my jig, to fit both years.
    Billet Triz 250 parts, Case Savers, Engine Mounts, Boost Bottles, Oil Caps, and Shifters, pm me for info

Shock Rebuilding, PM me for details TRI-Z Shocks rebuilt too

My Feedback
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-sblt500r

--
    Hmmm I didnt know that they were different. My tecate was part 87 and 86, in fact I have the rear brake system with E-brake, so I need to check out the differences.
    86-87 Tecate ROCK!

Ride fast...........brake late............and Slide the rear!

--
    Thank you guys for the answers. Now we know that we can't switch the rear brake from the 87 to the 86.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //