//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 200x question

--

200x question

I just picked up a 200x after looking for a while.On most the ones I looked at,
    including the one that I bought, the seat does not fit right up near the gas tank.
    It's bent back about an inch or so away from where it meets the tank. Any ideas
    why? Any Ideas how to fix this?

--
    i think that is from sitting in the sun. i've had 2 that had the same problem. possibly a heat gun, heat the seat pan and try to bend back to shape. you may want to remove the cover and foam first though.

bad350 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    my 84 was like that and after doing some research, i was missing the rubber grommets that latch the front of the seat, these also have bolts in them that hold the tank on someone had just put bolts in to hold the tank on and didn't use the grommets

--
    The seat pan is plastic. I'm guessing, but I would think that over time, the pull from the tight seat cover would tend to pull the front of the seat up. I've heard a number of people say that you can fix it with a heat gun, but don't do it until you're ready to recover the seat. My 200x, 200s, and to a lesser extent my 250sx are all doing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    God knows they're not looking to make any effort to do anything, never mind move their foot to shift. If there was something that dispensed Cheetos every time they shifted that might be a different story. Welcome to America, where the biggest is best and even fat people who are too lazy to shift can climb a mountain.

MO dx is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    I used my blow torch to heat the plastic then bend it back but I wouldn`t recomend it to anyone
    Master of the DX and Pennsyltucky survivor ,08,09. Thats something to brag about

--
    I used a heat gun on mine right after i had it covered just dont leave it on to long and hold the seat back for a few minutes

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankencelery View Post
    The seat pan is plastic. I'm guessing, but I would think that over time, the pull from the tight seat cover would tend to pull the front of the seat up. I've heard a number of people say that you can fix it with a heat gun, but don't do it until you're ready to recover the seat. My 200x, 200s, and to a lesser extent my 250sx are all doing it.
    100% right....plus when you sit on it it pulls it back too
    80s......185 atc, Yamaha tri-moto 200, 85 200x with tons of work
    90s......89 Suzuki quad racer 250 (raced 250 A class for 6 years, late 90s.. custom framed 250x with long travel shocks and a built 350x motor.... built Honda 110
    00s...... chomeoly framed 350 RX with all the goodies (thanks to my bro)
    2012.....Replaced the 350x motor for a 444cc YZ426
    WWW.HREATV.COM

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //