//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Pro Tec 175 Beginning

--
    keep up the pic's I want to see the progress
    1982 Yamaha YT125 tri-moto - Boyesen power reeds, YT175 front suspension, Headlight guard.
    1982 Yamaha YT175 tri-moto - Running but ugly
    1984 Yamaha YT 60 tri-zinger - Boyesen power reeds

My feedback.
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ght=old-yellow
    My album
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/album.php?albumid=98

edog is offline I'm like an Original Gangsta...but a post whore instead. The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Looking good!

When do you expect to have a roller?

--
    The big holdup right now is the m10x45-25 pitch bolts. If my local bolt place has them, I should be able to do my frame trimming and final rear axle mounting tonight. Was it you edog that had some kind of yamaha 175 bike that I remember seeing a picture or 2 of? Are you thinking of doing one of these? Not a bad project and I've been figuring out all the hard parts so another build like this shouldn't be too hard.

--
    Okay, After some more frame trimming, I mounted my swingarm. Oh and the local bolt place had the fine thread 10m bolts I needed, just a little long though so they will need trimmed. I'll have to get some fine thread bolts for the rear sprocket now. I mounted the arm for the brake caliper too. Just a little more trimming on the disc brake side and that should be good to go and it looks like I'll have lots of room for the chain to clear. I might have to space out the brake caliper some, but that should be no problem. Another day of progress and a couple more pictues too. It's hard to get a good angle shot of the sprocket to frame clearance and the disc brake to frame clearance too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tmpphp2ryVRo.jpg   tmpphpgxVReJ.jpg   tmpphpLjectB.jpg   tmpphpn6D3bA.jpg  

--
    Okay, here is todays' progress. I bolted on the brake caliper and the actuating lever for the brake caliper. I also bolted on the extension arm for the rear brake line and the piece that adjusts the slack in the rear brake cable. I picked up a couple more nuts and bolts and such and the rear sprocket is all bolted in place and all 4 bolts are in the rear bearing carrier. The rear bearing carrier adjusts back and forth nicely which is what takes up the major slack in the chain. Also, I will have to fab up the wheel for the rer chain tensioner which I hope wont be too much of a pain.
    I also found out that a kind board member will be sending me copies of all the articles for the project 175 so that should have alot of valuable information that will be very worthwhile and highly appreciated. I will be able to find out what was used for the front end and some more engine specifics.
    I have a couple more little things I can do while I'm awaiting the arrival of the copies of the articles.
    Also another kind boardmember is sending me 2 nice hubs and the correct hardware, so that will be another couple little items crossed off the list.
    Thank you to everyone that has helped so far. I won't mention your names unless you really would like me to. It would be nice to try and get scans of those articles of how they appear in the magazines to post in a seperate thread so others can share in the bounty of info they contain. I would have to get someone to tell me how to do it though, so don't feel bad for not knowing how to scan and post the pictures. Enjoy the pics.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tmpphpAr5r3M.jpg   tmpphpxk9IkP.jpg   tmpphpYtO6wP.jpg  

edog is offline I'm like an Original Gangsta...but a post whore instead. The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Looking good!!

Clean that disk brake.

--
    Hey pat, I bet you can't wait to ride that thing. So did you have room to kickstart it or are you going have to cut the plastic on it. Did you get the articles or are you still waiting on them. Thanks for your time. Alex
    1982 Yamaha YT125 tri-moto - Boyesen power reeds, YT175 front suspension, Headlight guard.

My feedback.
    My album

--
    I didn't really want to have to cut the plastic either way. I will just take the plastic off and kick it and ride it. I haven't checked for clearance though yet. I believe I have a nos rear disc somewhere too, so I really wasn't worried about cleaning up the rear disc. Like I said, this is just more or less fitting everything together to see what works and what needs modding. And the articles haven't arrived yet. I think they were just mailed yesterday. I'm going to need a longer clutch cable and a different rear brake cable and maybe a different front before it's over with. But that is why I'm trying to figure these things out now and I'm putting them in my thread as I build. Anything special I have put into this thread as I've been going along. I can tell you I removed the wiring for the oil level indicator and I've re-wrapped my wiring harness. I'm leaving the lighting wires on it since I may be doing some night riding, but they are easy enough to remove my lights if I wanted to and wrap those ends. I had to fix a busted wire too. Little steps.

--
    Thanks for the update

My feedback.
    My album

the tecate kid is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    This is my favorite post. When I was about 12 years old I remember project tri moto. That would have been my bike of choice. Then all of a sudden Honda lowered the boom with the 200x. Almost overnight it became the trike of choice for thousands.
    Been There...Dug That.

--
    I'm sure they were much easier to build back then when you got everything you needed in one nice kit instead of no instructions and not all the parts, but I guess that is what makes it fun, eh? I'm sure the builds went must faster then too. And of course, you had dg with the kit for the mx cylinder to the yt engine and you could just send dg your cylinder and piston and they would do all your port work! Now it's not so simple and some of the pieces have to be hunted down. A trike like this could be yours though.

the tecate kid is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Pat, I was looking at the project tri moto articles and noticed that they left their recoil starter on and just changed the other case to the manual clutch. Would that be easier to do, that way you wouldnt have to hassle with removing the fender everytime you wanted to start it. Just thinking out loud.
    Been There...Dug That.

--
    I don't remember that. I guess I'll see that when I get the articles. But with the kicker, it would be easier if you were running a higher compression. I'll have to see when the article arrives.

--
    Does anyone know if a blaster or banshee axle would fit the tri moto. How sweet would that be?!
    Been There...Dug That.

--
    That would be the deal if one of those axles' fit.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //