//ArrowChat Code

Thread: just a general three wheeler question..

--

just a general three wheeler question..

do all three wheelers steer terribly on pavement or is this problem due to big round bulky tires in the front?

--
    yes

my 110 is harder to turn on pavement then a 250r
    80s......185 atc, Yamaha tri-moto 200, 85 200x with tons of work
    90s......89 Suzuki quad racer 250 (raced 250 A class for 6 years, late 90s.. custom framed 250x with long travel shocks and a built 350x motor.... built Honda 110
    00s...... chomeoly framed 350 RX with all the goodies (thanks to my bro)
    2012.....Replaced the 350x motor for a 444cc YZ426
    WWW.HREATV.COM

--
    Physics say it is hard to steer a three wheeler on pavement - although a KLT with only one rear drive tire locked in would turn real nice on pavement. All other models with the solid rear end make it hard to turn from a lack of a differential.
    RIP - Yamahondaman!! You will never be forgotten!
    RIP - Sam Brehm!! Gone but NEVER forgotten!
    RIP - Sandpuppi101 - You will live on in my mind - I miss you friend!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by PureMetalKorey View Post
    do all three wheelers steer terribly on pavement or is this problem due to big round bulky tires in the front?
    It really has little to do with that wide front tire. Most three wheelers have a solid rearend... meaning there is not a differential as a car would have. So as you are turning, both rear wheels are trying tp turn at the same rate.... thus causing the trike to want to push ahead instead of turn. The inside wheel wants to turn at a slower speed than the outside wheel, this is where a differential comes in handy. I have an 85 KLT250 that does have a differential...... there is a knob on one side that you twist to either lock the rearend or unlock it, basically making it so power is transmitted to only one wheel. This makes it turn on hard surfaces much easier, with the trike not wanting to "push". I know these trikes used to be used quite a bit back in the day by police agencies for this reason (they made a black Police Package KLT) and were even used for security in the olympics at one time.

Quote Originally Posted by sykolincoln View Post
    hola gringo!!! man....these 200x's are everywhere!! I think honda made an extra 20000 units then dumped them out of planes in remote fields and barns for everyone to find

--
    Only a FOOL rides a 3 Wheeler on PAVEMENT. Dirt, man.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamGeek6 View Post
    Only a FOOL rides a 3 Wheeler on PAVEMENT. Dirt, man.
    "It is better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to speak up and remove all doubt."
    Having said that, I ride mine on pavement. Just have to be careful.
    A few wheelers, + an
    '73 Honda 49cc Mini Trail
    '85 200 Big WHEEL

"Despite the cost of living, its still popular."

--
    Ask yourself...."what were they made for?"

Dirt last time I checked. Want on the street...get a street legal machine.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //