//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Engine Cleaning, while inside trike..

California, USA about 50 miles north of sacremento
    --

Engine Cleaning, while inside trike..

See attached pic. The trike motor was very dirty when we got it. I would like to clean the motor off while it is still in the frame. I have tryed very hot soap and water, sos pad, steel wool, wire brush. Nothing seems to want to take that brownish dirt color off the motor. Any ideas?

Nightbiker07 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    try some ZEP Purple. try some engine degreaser. try some carb/choke cleaner. try a pressure washer. try some AWESOME cleaner. try WD-40.

or, you could be like the TV sales douche and GET IT OXICLEAN
    little 6.5 HP minibike (Wicked Quick)
    2002 Ford Ranger, pulled out of a junkyard, fully radio-ified
    1969 Broncco TX-6 (yes its spelled correctly)

92% of teens have switched to rap music if you are part of the other 8% put this in your sig.

I want to come to Trikefest 08!

Nightbiker07 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    taking a closer look, looks like corrosion......try some PAINT!!!!!! if the above fails
    little 6.5 HP minibike (Wicked Quick)
    2002 Ford Ranger, pulled out of a junkyard, fully radio-ified
    1969 Broncco TX-6 (yes its spelled correctly)

92% of teens have switched to rap music if you are part of the other 8% put this in your sig.

I want to come to Trikefest 08!

--
    Eagle One mag/aluminum cleaner. It's an acid and will actually etch the metal. wear some gloves and spray it on, then use a piece of steel wool and it'll eat through that crap like nothing. trust me, you cant get a better cleaner than acid!
    85 250SX New to me!!
    85 ATC 70 stock ~ TRADED
    85 ATC 70 with 138cc Lifan
    83 110 restored ~ sold
    85 110 restored ~ sold
    83 200x restored ~ sold

02 400ex ~~~SOLD

K&N filter
    K&N jet kit
    EHS Racing lid
    Removed choke 42 pilot DJ146 main
    HMF full exhaust
    AC skids
    Holeshot XCR rears
    14t front sprocket
    IMS Roll front bumper
    Graydon Proline nerfs

stoney420 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    also try doing a search on here, i have seen more then a couple people say they use oven cleaner and i guess it works pretty good!

kwbyfrmhell is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    if you can get your hands on some muratic acid it will clean anything , just be careful and dont use to much and wash off. I got mine from a local truck and heavy equipment supply and cleaning place, I bought 5 gallons around 4 years ago and still have about 4.5 gallons. it also works great for freeing locked motors.
    30 trikes of all shapes and sizes, Kawasakis, Yamahas, Hondas and a bunch of parts bikes
    .................................................. .......................................

edog is offline I'm like an Original Gangsta...but a post whore instead. The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Crushed Walnut media.

--
    Oven cleaner works, I tried it this weekend. Just spray it on, brush over it with a wire brush after it has set for a while and hose it off. Made a world of difference.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>2007 Yamaha Raptor 700R>>>Cross Country Racer<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

www.myspace.com/bluelionracing

Support my 2009 sponsor:

For all your ATV suspension needs.

--
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kilabeez0 View Post
    Eagle One mag/aluminum cleaner. It's an acid and will actually etch the metal. wear some gloves and spray it on, then use a piece of steel wool and it'll eat through that crap like nothing. trust me, you cant get a better cleaner than acid!
    thats exactly what I started useing! oven cleaner works too

California, USA about 50 miles north of sacremento
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by stoney420 View Post
    also try doing a search on here, i have seen more then a couple people say they use oven cleaner and i guess it works pretty good!
    Holy hell did oven cleaner work! I just sprayed it on a did a quick wipe down and look at the difference.

The pipe side was hot so coul dot be cleaned very much as it was hot. Ther is a before/after of the other side.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.JPG   2.JPG   3.JPG  

--
    it looked like dirt- stained it- its a pain in the *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited*
    dont ever use acid to clean aluminum- it will darken it ,and eat through the outer protection on the metal
    its bad on aluminum

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //