//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: My 86 t3 project. (pictures 6-5-07)

--

My 86 t3 project. (pictures 6-5-07)

I got this off a board member its in rough shape but i have been lookin for awhile now for a good project bike and now i have one. Let me know what you think...i payed $200 the first 3 pics are the ones he sent me the other 3 i took with my cell phone. I'll try to tear the rest of it down tomorrow so i can start gettin stuff ready for powder coating. motor is in peices missing some parts but over all its what i have been lookin for.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails t3 front.JPG   t3 left side.JPG   t3 right side.JPG   Spare t3 parts.JPG   t3 right now.JPG   t3 right now 2.JPG  

Last edited by Preddy05; 06-05-2007 at 03:48 PM.

Can't or Won't?

--
    looks like a good start. Have you checked the fork tubes to see if they are straight? Is the axle bent? If not you did better than I did. Hope you bring it back from the dead and don't go broke in the process.
    86 T3
    84 T3
    86 KX250

--
    Quote Originally Posted by nd4speed
    looks like a good start. Have you checked the fork tubes to see if they are straight? Is the axle bent? If not you did better than I did. Hope you bring it back from the dead and don't go broke in the process.
    The rear axle is straight. The forks look straight but will know for sure when i finish takin the front end apart.

Can't or Won't?

--
    sweet find, not a bad price. was that the one in pennsylvania? is it pretty much complete? another 86 getting saved, !!!! you got a good start there.
    Last edited by scooterroo; 03-28-2007 at 09:42 PM. Reason: add to message
    1985 KXT 250 Tecate - kx cylinder, kx ignition, bassani headpipe, answer silencer, v-force reeds, 38mm airstyker carb, +2 franks swinger, raptor rear shock.

1996 YSF240 Blaster - maxxed out!!!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "HOLY SH-T, what a ride!"

--
    Quote Originally Posted by scooterroo
    sweet find, not a bad price. was that the one in pennsylvania? is it pretty much complete? another 86 getting saved, !!!! you got a good start there.
    Yes this is the one from pa right outside of wv, 2hours their 2 hours back not to bad. I won't have it done anytime soon so i won't have it at trike fest...looks like i'll be riding my pred. Never even thought about gettin a kaw until i rode with speedbump a couple times Now i can't wait to get it up and running!

Can't or Won't?

--
    cool trike. i remeber the 1st time i saw a 2nd gen T3, it was at a kawasaki dealer and i thought it was the coolest thing.....i love lime green.

i am sure it will turn out looks really nice.

--
    K time to get some info...
    What parts off other bikes will fit this 86 t3?
    motor parts from the dirt bike, rear shock, swinger, anything like that
    Best place to get parts?
    Both tanks i have for it are faded the one that was on it when i got it isn't that bad but the other one someone tyred to paint and looks real bad whats the best way to clean them up? Any info on this bike would be great.

Thanks
    Mike

Can't or Won't?

--
    theres one 86 or 87 on ebay with a KX500 motor and shocks.

--
    200 bucks only. not to bad at all. i would buy it for 200 easy.
    down to parts because i no longer have a place to ride trikes.

GIT IT RAAAGGGGG !!!!

--
    85/86 KX250 motor will fit. The top end is a bolt on deal for more power. Hubs from a 86/87 200X/300EX/400EX/450R will fit to give you more wheel choices. Gforce makes extended hubs and you can then use with offset wheels to get a really wide T3.

Swingarms your pretty much left to extend your own or ebay an old aftermarket one which goes for a premium price.

Hornetpowersports on the boards makes repo rad shrouds and sells OEM fenders.

Best of luck.

--
    .....andI gave ya Cory's #. Anyone of the Yamaha hubs will side right on. I got Raptor hubs on mine and I have a set of 8" with Blaster Hubs. If you don't want to swap out entire topends...you can use some of the KX parts in yours. Talk to Cory and he can give ya the info on interchangability. Mik6 got the lowdown on stuff to..Hit him up and check with some of the guys over at www.kawieriders.com. Good score Mike. While you were drivin out to get it, I was busy burning up some 93 octane... She's not so NEW now! LOL.

--
    What are all of your opinions? Im not a big fan of how the stock front fender looks on this model so im thinkin about goin with a 250r one but it would have to be a white or black one...If i do that i'll prob get the frame the color of the front fender so it don't stick out so much or if i get a t3 fender i'll prob shave it so its not so big what are all of your thoughts on this? just not sure what way i want to go with it. Keep it stock looking or go with another color (green and what other color black or white?)

Just gettin some ideas before i send the stuff out and get something i don't want.

Can't or Won't?

--
    PM BigBore here on the boards. He had Maier do a run of green 250R front fenders and still has some left.

Green frame looks awsome on the 86 Tecate IMO, as does white or a really bright silver.

--
    What motor are you looking to put in it?
    86 T3
    84 T3
    86 KX250

--
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGreenMachine
    PM BigBore here on the boards. He had Maier do a run of green 250R front fenders and still has some left.

Green frame looks awsome on the 86 Tecate IMO, as does white or a really bright silver.
    Nice to know i'll have to send him a pm and see if he still has some would love one of those! i plan on doin the frame white.

Quote Originally Posted by nd4speed
    What motor are you looking to put in it?
    Plan on fixing the one that came with it unless i find one out of a 86kx or a stock one cheap. Just by lookin at the one that i got its gonna need bore because cylinder is rusted. clutchs none in it right now, new head peice broke off the top not to mention piston rings and who knows what else is wrong with it. But if i fix that one gonna get a big bore kit and p&p while its apart.

Can't or Won't?

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //