//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Help! My yamaha!

Cody is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --

Help! My yamaha!

Well my YT175. It's got lots of compression. Getting good spark. Getting gas and no go. I put alittle gas in the cylinder and push it till my knees are about gone. I get smoke comeing out the exhaust. I take the plug out and alittle smoke comes out. So I know it is so close to running. Please help me...
    1985 Yamaha 200E Shaft - New Toy / Project
    1983 Yamaha YT175 - Kinda retired?

--
    Did you try a new plug or did you just clean the old one and stick it back in?
    Sometimes an old plug will fire outside the cyclinder but will not fire under compression
    Also, It may be getting too much fuel and flooding out. Thats kinda what it sounds like to me.
    1985 Honda ATC 350X
    2003 Yamaha Banshee
    2003 Polaris Sportsman 500

There are 3 kinds of people in this world, Those who make things happen, those who watch things happen and those who wonder what the hell happend.

burnoutboy is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I would get it tow started mate. Have you done all of the normal things such as new plug, new gas e.t.c??

--
    Its brand new gas. Tried another plug. Yea I been thinking its flooding out to, I was thinking about the old tow behind truck thing.

--
    that gas is pre mixed right?!! have you tried the choke, even on my freshly rebuilt blaster it only likes to be choke started

--
    Well I think Im going to pull it behind the truck and see if it works.

--
    so did you get it going?

traxxasx is offline Alligator sized brain can't spell you correctly. Arm chair racerRoostin Away
    --
    Isent there somthing abot that trike like the silencer was build wrong and the goop clogs up the silencer so hardley any air gets out so it wont run? Ive read that somwhere on here, maybe try it without the silencer.
    MY FEEDBACK---
    http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...2#post20992142
    +6 positive feedback.
    WaLLa BinG WaLLa BoOm ShE's DoNe!!!

MY 225 Dx
    Piped, jetted, 2 stage uni, wheel spacers.

--
    clean the pilot jet it will srart right up w/o pulling it -unless the cyl is full of oil-
    spray startin fluid in the cyl to clean it out, pull it over a lot--lol
    be carefull not to ignight it from the spark plug,if this doesn't work- then---
    soak the carb in cleaner - (dissasemble it-first lol)
    clean the jets-any pics of the carb??
    mine has a older ct style intake and carb on it so im sure yours is prolly a lil different - go to bike bandit and use the parts finder go to the year make modle ect...
    look at the carb, the exploded view will help you out
    make sure the floats are good,--( put them in a glass of water see if they take in any water
    blow it out with compressed air-clean all the oil lines!!-
    clean the choke assembly!!! it might not be closing all the way- replace the old spring if you need to
    it might help if you put the jet needle clip in the 2nd position most time it does- it will clean it up make sure its not getting too much oil from the oil injector- good luck try to get a manual from ebay or order one from a book store-or dennis kirk

--
    Well we took and got rid of the choke for now. The choke is sealed so no air is getting through. The carb is clean. So maybe I need to adjust the jet needle clip.

--
    Carb problems or The choke deal. If it doesnt pull start after that. I would get it checked out by someone with the right knowledge. Not to say you are stupid or anything.
    I'm a wheeler Nut!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //