//ArrowChat Code

Thread: My sleds suck!

--

My sleds suck!

We got a snow storm 4 nights ago, I woke up at 6:30 looked out side got dressed and went to fire up the sled. I have two 1973 olympique 340s. They suck. They will run all dahm summer but once there is snow they wont think about starting.

--
    those old sleds are cold hearted. ive had my fair share of old sleds. i used starting fluid but just a little. just enough to get them goin. either that or pop out the plug/plugs and heat them up with a lighter. my most cold heartes sled would have to be either my 73 polaris 294 colt ss or my 79 polaris gemini 244cc. my doos mosly always started within 3-4 pulls but they wer liquid cooled.
    down to parts because i no longer have a place to ride trikes.

GIT IT RAAAGGGGG !!!!

--
    wow, my '71 640 starts 5th pull and thats with the gas drained from the lines. My biggest problem was I'd pull the choke and pull forever and it'd never start, well the choke wasnt fully closing and there was just a litle bit more cable to pull in order to close it.
    Nate

The Myth, The MAN, The Legend
    R.I.P HRR

Quote Originally Posted by honda250sx View Post
    Fact: Dr. Death is Bob from Enzyte.

--
    well either way. what ever the case. they are old sleds and they need to be given a little help getting started. lol ive only had 1 sled i never needed to fight with to get her going and that was my 1980 ski doo blizzard 9500+ and that was bored and set for drag racing. well thats how i bought it. i steped the clutch back down to earth by getting a comet 102c clutch with sugested springs and pucks.
    down to parts because i no longer have a place to ride trikes.

GIT IT RAAAGGGGG !!!!

--
    yeah sometimes they can be a real pain, they run great all summer but as soon as it gets cold they get stubborn, lol. Our John Deere 400 is like that, the choke freezes and everything, and the old tnt 640 would go through recoils like crazy. They only sled I've ever had that is completely reliable and always starts up right is my Yamaha 440 ss. Good luck with it man
    85 Tecate, 2002 Honda 300EX, 83 & 84 250R, a bunch of honda 4 strokes from 90 to 200cc, a klt 110, ytm 200, polaris 250 cyclone, '05 Roketa 125 (cheap chinese pitbike to beat on), '69 Scrambler 6x6, and a 52 John Deere B (hey its a rowcrop narrow front, that counts right? )
    Trike Fest 06 and 07 Survivor, hoping to make it to 2010

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //