//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: black short track tank discontinued?

3tigers is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

black short track tank discontinued?

anyone know if the black short track tank for 250r is available anymore? i see someone on ebay has bought the last 4 and says they are all gone from honda now.if thats true,looks like people shouldnt have waited to buy one because the price is gonna go up on them now.
    '87 atc200x
    '87 kxf250
    '87 lt500r
    tiger 80
    tiger 125
    tiger 200
    tiger super-4
    2 cagiva 200's
    4 '85 atc250r
    1 '86 atc250r
    2 '84 kxt250
    2 '85 kxt250
    8 '86 kxt250
    3 '85 ytz250
    '86 ytz250

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    Boy that sucks if its true, glad I got mine from Derrick when I did. Can anyone else confirm? I'll move this to Trikesylvania BTW

--
    I just bought one off of Ebay last week. I just got it. Call Honda to see if you can get one.

I'm just waiting on Aussie to help me out with the shrouds

I'm building an 85 flat tracker in black.

--
    What's the Honda part number and I'll check stock.
    1985 Honda Big Red
    1983 Honda ATC250R Sold
    1979 Trail 90
    K0 US90

My atv parts on ebay: http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQ...QQsassZbikerdg

--
    Hondas warehouses get restocked often....you can never go by just the number available the warehouses are showing on a given day!!
    Wikipedia "All Terrain Vehicle" Definition excerpt
    Other smaller or lesser known companies, such as Tiger ATV, Franks, and Cagiva, produced racing three wheelers, but in much smaller numbers. Few of these machines are known to exist today and are highly sought by collectors.

Check out my Tiger 3 wheeler Webpage..my quest for a TIGER MUSEUM started 2004 http://sites.google.com/site/tigerrotax/home

Rides: TIGER Factory line up, Tricky Dicks Cagiva 200, 4- Franks 3 and 4 Wheelers

--
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA...45923330QQrdZ1

Not to be a conspiracy theorist, but hopefully you are not associated with this guy....I just bought one for $179, now he's asking $279. That's rediculous. People should not manipulate the market, but I guess they do.

By the way....watch out for this guy, the tank I received looked like it was sanded. I can buff it out with polish, but it's not OEM mint like he described (has not been used though). I doubt they come that way from Honda.

Buyer beware....!

--
    I can check the warehouses and tell if it is discountinued from the stock code that Honda gives it.
    1985 Honda Big Red
    1983 Honda ATC250R Sold
    1979 Trail 90
    K0 US90

--
    Here's the number....

17510-HA2-810..............FUEL TANK

Aussie
    Keeping 3 Wheelers Alive Downunder !

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisD
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA...45923330QQrdZ1

Not to be a conspiracy theorist, but hopefully you are not associated with this guy....I just bought one for $179, now he's asking $279. That's rediculous. People should not manipulate the market, but I guess they do.

By the way....watch out for this guy, the tank I received looked like it was sanded. I can buff it out with polish, but it's not OEM mint like he described (has not been used though). I doubt they come that way from Honda.

Buyer beware....!
    Hi Chris
    My brand new tank in the box looked that way when i got it last year,it has a brushed alloy type finish for the want of a better description.

Aussie
    Keeping 3 Wheelers Alive Downunder !

--
    I had the black tanks from honda they dont come glossy shiny..I was disappointed when I pulled mine from the bag .they do seem to have surface scratches(hard to explain) I have no ties to chaplinkawi but I have purchased some things from them in the past...they are OK up and are in the three wheeling market to make money. They find items that people think may be d/c and sell for a mark up
    Other smaller or lesser known companies, such as Tiger ATV, Franks, and Cagiva, produced racing three wheelers, but in much smaller numbers. Few of these machines are known to exist today and are highly sought by collectors.

Check out my Tiger 3 wheeler Webpage..my quest for a TIGER MUSEUM started 2004 http://sites.google.com/site/tigerrotax/home

Rides: TIGER Factory line up, Tricky Dicks Cagiva 200, 4- Franks 3 and 4 Wheelers

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussieduner
    Hi Chris
    My brand new tank in the box looked that way when i got it last year,it has a brushed alloy type finish for the want of a better description.

Aussie
    Aussie described it better than me

--
    The 17510-HA2-810 tank with Honda code of 2037489 had been discontinued per Honda net. In other words they dont have any in the us and no more will be shipped into the states. Bet the price goes up even more now, just like gas.
    1985 Honda Big Red
    1983 Honda ATC250R Sold
    1979 Trail 90
    K0 US90

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    Yup mines the same way, so is the black OEM size tank I have. They are both sort of a "matte" finish instead of a smooth gloss. Normal I guess.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussieduner
    Hi Chris

Aussie
    Aussie is correct, they come in a matt finish not shiny at all. I just picked up another one yesturday so I should have 4 now.

--
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dgould
    The 17510-HA2-810 tank with Honda code of 2037489 had been discontinued per Honda net. In other words they dont have any in the us and no more will be shipped into the states. Bet the price goes up even more now, just like gas.

Wow thats crazy! I just checked like a wek ago on a new one and they were still available. Amazing how fast stuff goes. Well guys, those of us with Black short track tanks now definitely seem to have a rare piece!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //