//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Carb Adjustments on 225dx

--

Carb Adjustments on 225dx

Ok im having trouble adjusting my carb. I dont know what i need to adjust to fix my problem. First the bike wasnt getting enough gas to stay running then i changed some stuff now it floods out. If anyone has the book on the 83 225dx trimoto and can tellme the adjustments it would be apriciated.

--
    Just wait until edog chimes in. i think he'll be able to tell you your carb settings.

--
    air fuel screw should be 1-1/4 turns out. sounds like your float is set to high.

--
    ok hope he can help me

--
    i've got the settings for these carbs in my book @ home. ii'll double check them tonight

edog is offline I'm like an Original Gangsta...but a post whore instead. The day begins with 3WW
    --

Carb help

Here are some pics from the Clymer manual.

You should buy a rebuild kit for it.
    Last edited by edog; 02-18-2007 at 04:55 PM.

--
    Hey thanks. Well where can i get a rebuild kit at? Im gonna try that. and a question the 3 little air holes at the tip where the air comes in at is the one where the choke comes down suppoedto beclosedoff or not?

--
    Ok i looked for a rebuild kit and i guess there isnt one. So what pieces should i order to rebuild the carb. I already ordered a manual so it shouldnt be hard to put all the stuff together and make it work. I dont under stand why its messed up though now i had it running last summer and one day i started it up then it stalledand i couldnt get it running again. Hope the carb is the only thing that is wrong to keep it from running.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by acidtrip
    Ok i looked for a rebuild kit and i guess there isnt one. So what pieces should i order to rebuild the carb. I already ordered a manual so it shouldnt be hard to put all the stuff together and make it work. I dont under stand why its messed up though now i had it running last summer and one day i started it up then it stalledand i couldnt get it running again. Hope the carb is the only thing that is wrong to keep it from running.
    Did you try ebay?
    85 200x-sold
    82 185s
    85 250r
    92 cr500R
    94 Arctic Cat Thundercat 900

--
    i found a kit for mine on ebay $14. try searching for yamaha 225 carb. isnt it the same carb as the moto4?

--
    Ok. i don't have a scanner nearby, so i'll type in the specs for all:

Bike Type Turns out
    YTM200EK, EL Mikuni VM22 1.5
    YTM200K, L, N Mikuni VM22 2.25
    YTM200ERN Mikuni VM22SH 2.5
    YTM225DXK, DXL, DXN Mikuni VM22 1.5
    YTM225DRN MikuniV VM22 1.5
    YTM225DRS MikuniVM24 1.75
    YFM200N MikuniVM22SH 1.5
    YFM200DXS YFM200DXS 2.0

As it turns out, my ytm is a conglomoration of 3 different ytms, so when i rebuilt my carb a while back, i used the wrong specs. I posted a msg a while ago about my ytm bogging when warm @ low speeds. I adjusted the setting last night and its perfect now.

--
    Well i seemed to getit running and even idling soim happy. But the plug is shot so i have to get a new one now. Thx for the help. And another question is it hard to put a new clutch in. When i first gear it takes asecond or 2 to catch and start moving, and sometimes it will go out of a gear by its self. So do i need just the disks or more?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by edog View Post
    Here are some pics from the Clymer manual.

You should buy a rebuild kit for it.
    I'm unable to access the pages you posted. If carb is out 1 1/4 it runs like im in high gear and revving to the max. When I bring screw out more it slows down but then dies.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //