//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Odd question concerning 1983 ATC 200E Big Red...

--

Odd question concerning 1983 ATC 200E Big Red...

Howdy, yall...

I just inherited a 1983 ATC 200E Big Red, running, but needing the rear sprocket. The chain was wadded up behind the Hi-lo gearbox (not ran that way, the guy tried to pull the chain, and it wadded up when it was coming out...). Anyway, I pulled the side covers and 2-speed off, and noticed a small splined shaft poking out to the lower right of the pull starter cover, towards the rear of the bike. Is this for a reverse shifter? I don't know anything about this bike....I will also be needing a couple of parts for this bike, to be posted later in the classified section here..any advice would be appreciated.

--
    That shaft is the neutral indicator. A pointer plate slides over it with circlip and points to a "N" sticker that Honda puts on pull start cover.

Most old Honda's (including this one) do lose them and you don't need it at all. Handy only if you get confused where neutral is.

#7 & 11 on here..........13 is the shaft seal

click on pic to enlarge http://houseofmotorcycles.bikebandit.../H00600015.gif

This is a parts machine so I may or may not have the parts you need.

Blast me a PM or list on here the parts!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 200 Big Red LS engine.jpg  
    Last edited by Huffa; 01-25-2006 at 07:12 AM.

Howdy is offline Putting Priorities in Order, Busier than ever. Catch me if you can
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMooseofDoom
    Howdy yall...,

I just inherited a 1983 ATC 200E Big Red, running, but needing the rear sprocket. The chain was wadded up behind the Hi-lo gearbox (not ran that way, the guy tried to pull the chain, and it wadded up when it was coming out...). Anyway, I pulled the side covers and 2-speed off, and noticed a small splined shaft poking out to the lower right of the pull starter cover, towards the rear of the bike. Is this for a reverse shifter? I don't know anything about this bike....I will also be needing a couple of parts for this bike, to be posted later in the classified section here..any advice would be appreciated.
    And a Howdy back to ya. lmao

Huffa is correct the shaft is a netrual indicator shaft. The 83 200e didn't have reverse.
    If Huffa doesn't have the parts let me know, I should have some as well. But He gets first chance.
    Howdy

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //