//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Need Crash Course in mixing fuel

--

Need Crash Course in mixing fuel

i need a crash course in mixing fuel for a completely stock 81 250R. Everything is stock. Wait no never mind there is a silencer but thats it. But what would a good fuel mixture for it be. What fuel/oil should i use, and how would * do it. EX: Do * fill the tank 3quarters of the way up and the rest with oil? Thank you.
    Rest in peace Rex Carlson

3leggeddog is offline The sun shines on a dogs ass every now and then Got the holeshot
    --
    well you need to buy a ratio rite mixing cup,that will male it alot easier.but for now,i run my bike 50:1.you use your own descreation.at 50:1 you mix 13 ounces of oil to 5 gallons of gas.you can do the math from there.
    Full Walsh CRF 450 hybrid 250r

--
    I use a 20 litre jug, 20 litres of gas, Then pour in 600ml of oil.

And I dont know what that is in gallons. Easiest way, go to a bike shop and buy a pre mix can. Enjoy the R!
    RPFLU member and co-owner.
    Hardtails is all we do.
    #NOLINK
    #MAKEHARDTAILSGREATAGAIN
    #SUSPENDTHIS

--
    Find the right amount of premix per the amount of gas, pour the premix in a container and add equal amount of gasoline, stir it well, then pour it in tank and add the rest of the gas. If you just pour the 2 stroke oil in the tank, it might sink to the bottom of the tank and get a carb full of it.

--
    if you dont want to spend $7 or $8 on a ratio rite, a baby bottle with ounces marked on the side works just as well.
    1983 250R ~ 1984 125M ~ 1990 POWER WHEELS!! trike

--
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamGeek6
    Find the right amount of premix per the amount of gas, pour the premix in a container and add equal amount of gasoline, stir it well, then pour it in tank and add the rest of the gas. If you just pour the 2 stroke oil in the tank, it might sink to the bottom of the tank and get a carb full of it.

That doesn't make a whole lotta sence to me for some reason. Wouldnt * just do the whole premix thing in liek a 5 gallon jug then fil the tank up with whatever is in the jug? OR do * have to do the premix thing then fill it up with gas. OR fill it up halfway with gas then halfway with premix mixed gas. Or am i real off in what * said an * just do the premix thing then pour it in the tank?
    Rest in peace Rex Carlson

--
    just go buy a ratio right it makes it realy easy and it has alot of different ratios on it in case you deside to change things around

i always poor all the oil im mixing into the gas jug, then i just shake the crap out of it and poor it into my gas tank.
    My Trikes

1985 250sx
    &
    1986 250r
    Parting out 85 kxt tecate pm me with your needs

--
    A great all around mixture is 32:1 you get a pint of oil (i use HP2; honda synthetic) and ix it with 4 gallons of gas, granite you need to check your jetting when using different oil ratios.

The two mixes I have used are

32:1 1 pint oil and 4 gallons of gas
    40:1 1 pint oil and 5 gallons of gas

I have used Klotz R50 and lost a top end because of it, Blazerone22 also lost a top end and the same time due to Klotz R50, some people swear by it and have great success. I myself swear by HP2. As a rule of thumb make sure you get a fully synthetic racing oil, it has been proven that it lubericates better than convential oil. You get what you pay for and buyin good oil may not always be cheap, but you got to keep in mind that it is cheaper to buy good oil rather than bottom shelf discount and lose a top end because of it.

Another thing to keep in mind is how old your gas is, I have always ran premium 92octane and always will. But as gas gets older it will break down and can cause detonation which will fry a top end also. If you bike has set for a long preiod of time drain all the gas out of it, and drain the carbs float bowl as well as a precaution, you can use that gas in any 4 stroke lawnmower or other garden equipment as long with gasoline tractors. It will smoke, but it will not harm the motor.
    1986 310R
    1975 F150 4x4
    1975 F250 4x4
    1968 F100 2wd
    2001 Dodge 1500 4x4

--
    1 gallon = 128oz

Figure out what you want your mix ratio at. No matter what ratio you chose it will be relative to your fuel. If your mixing at 32:1 then you need 32oz of fuel to every 1oz of oil. If you're mixing 50:1 then you need 50oz of fuel to every 1oz of oil.

Wanna know how many oz of oil you'd need in 1 gallon of fuel for 50:1? Easy, there are 128 oz in a gallon, divide 128 by 50 and you get 2.56. That means for 50:1 you'll need 2.56oz of oil for that gallon of fuel (2.5 is close enough).

Wanna know how many oz of oil you'd need in 1 gallon of fuel for 32:1? Easy, there are 128 oz in a gallon, divide 128 by 32 and you get 4. That means for 32:1 you'll need 4oz of oil for that gallon of fuel.

Don't mix it in the gas tank, do it in a gas can.

My choice on oil............. Klotz super techniplate (not a fan of R50)
    '02 Honda 416ex - A seasoned blend of 11 herbs and spices
    '04 Honda Recon - The yard machine and snow plow
    '88 Honda CR250R - Another chapter in my torrid all terrain affair

--
    A BABY BOTTLE?????? How cool is that?-never thought of that, ----Kudo's--
    Just make sure you rinse it out thoroughly before you give it back to the kid!!!-LOL

Hubcaps in the dishwasher
    Gear oil in the Microwave
    Powdercoat in the wifes brand new Magic Chef Oven
    Buy American! Unless your only option is a HARLEY.

A customer walked in to my shop and Impatiently stated "My car doesnt start, Whats the problem?"I responded with a smile-"Yep that sounds like your problem alright"----

--
    Quote Originally Posted by firefirefire90
    That doesn't make a whole lotta sence to me for some reason. Wouldnt * just do the whole premix thing in liek a 5 gallon jug then fil the tank up with whatever is in the jug? OR do * have to do the premix thing then fill it up with gas. OR fill it up halfway with gas then halfway with premix mixed gas. Or am i real off in what * said an * just do the premix thing then pour it in the tank?
    Yep, thats how I used to do it, until I found two things, 1.), shaking a 5 gallon can takes a lot more work, 5 gallons is about 40 pounds but mixing a quart with a stick takes no effort 2.) shaking gasoline makes the gas lose the "high fractions" and they evaporate extremely fast. Once theyre gone, the fuel is hard to ignite in the cylinder. Not that shaking and bouncing on the trail doesnt do the same thing, but id rather not shake up the entire batch of fuel and have the goodies go off as vapor. Yes its a little thing, but little things make horsepower.

For example, put an ounce of gasoline in a container, then pour it into another container, then back in the first, its surprising how fast it evaporates to nothing.

Mixing it in the ATVs gas tank is difficult because either the tank has to come off to shake it, or have to shake the whole vehicle, neither of them are easy to do.

i find that even mixing it carefully (stirred, not shaken)) I have to toss out the fuel in a week or the engine loses a little power. I drain the tank and put the premix in the truck tank and make new premix for the 2 stroke.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclediezel
    If you have trouble getting those tall bottles in the mickeywave, stand the mickeywave up on end. Works great and wont hurt the 'wave.

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclediezel
    Hubcaps in the dishwasher
    Powdercoat in the wifes brand new Magic Chef Oven

This sounds like a great start to a gearhead's rap song

--
    I put da oil in da microwave man,
    it heats up the (insert your favorite string of expletives) oil can,
    den ah go out and poor it in my ride,
    an it makes it do a wicked slide

da da da shhh, ba ba ba boo

--
    Hey --Cmon now---Ever try to pump 90 wt out of a bottle in January?--LOL
    Buy American! Unless your only option is a HARLEY.

A customer walked in to my shop and Impatiently stated "My car doesnt start, Whats the problem?"I responded with a smile-"Yep that sounds like your problem alright"----

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //