//ArrowChat Code

Thread: ITP 2005 Hole Shot tires (20-11-8)

--

Question ITP 2005 Hole Shot tires (20-11-8)

Are these nice tires for my trike,I heard that 20inch tires slow you down a bit.Would I have to change the front rim.(HONDA 200S 1984)(thanks)

wheelie king is offline Aficionado of white surprise sauces. Arm chair racerRoostin Away
    --
    Those will fit your trike fine. Stock is 22-11-8, so you will actually be dropping diameter by 2 inches which will increase holeshot, but lose some top end. Also, they are 4 ply (or greater), which even at low pressure, will be a rough ride and beat the teeth out of your head. I would go with a more rounded (balloon) tire for your rear "suspension". Me personally, I would not put Holeshots on a hard tail trike.
    1986 Honda ATC 200 S

Some quads and a S x S

-------------
    Supporter of Uncle Rico's football camp. Since 1982.

If you are reading this in English, thank a U.S. Military VET. ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

--
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelie king
    Those will fit your trike fine. Stock is 22-11-8, so you will actually be dropping diameter by 2 inches which will increase holeshot, but lose some top end. Also, they are 4 ply (or greater), which even at low pressure, will be a rough ride and beat the teeth out of your head. I would go with a more rounded (balloon) tire for your rear "suspension". Me personally, I would not put Holeshots on a hard tail trike.
    I would agree. The cheapo spongy Cheng Shin knobby is one of the best buys for a hard tail.

--
    I would agree, the Holeshots are going to be too stiff.
    You might look at Maxxis All Traks
    Earnest Hemingway:
    "Motor Racing, Mountain Climbing and Bull Fighting are the only true sports.
    All the rest are children's games played by adults."

--
    I put 18's on My 200s. I wasn't worried about bumpiness, I liked the lower CG and more torque. But I have all kinds to throw on, like 22's for the sand, etc. But I guess that since You have suspension on Yours, that is a moot point. BTW, can You show pix of it?
    86 250R
    86 250R
    86 250R
    85 250R
    82 250R
    86 350X
    81 185X
    85 250SX
    87 200X

Sitting on my can can, doing the pan-o-ram..

--
    My 200s is not a hard tail though it has full suspension.......

wheelie king is offline Aficionado of white surprise sauces. Arm chair racerRoostin Away
    --
    Oops, I misunderstood. I thought you were looking to put them on a stock 200s. If you have rear suspension, I say go for it. GBC Shredders are good tires too, and are really similar to holeshots. But about half the price.
    1986 Honda ATC 200 S

Some quads and a S x S

-------------
    Supporter of Uncle Rico's football camp. Since 1982.

If you are reading this in English, thank a U.S. Military VET. ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

--

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Karz
    I put 18's on My 200s. I wasn't worried about bumpiness, I liked the lower CG and more torque. But I have all kinds to throw on, like 22's for the sand, etc. But I guess that since You have suspension on Yours, that is a moot point. BTW, can You show pix of it?
    Sorry I dont have a digital camera any other way.

--
    Hey Im bumping this because I want my old sn trike=fun back i lost the password....can a mod pm me and i will send you my new email.

1984ATC200S is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    instead of starting a new thread though id post here, I got a set of 20inch razors, that I'm putting on my 200S when i get it running again, i got them on my BR now and it sucks the power at top end, what gearing on the S would take me to stock top speed with the smaller tires?
    1984 200s
    1984 big red
    1980 Kawasaki Invader 340 liquid
    1993 GMC sierra, 4.3L automatic
    1990 Chev Scottsdale -parts
    1989 Chev wrangler 4.3L 5 speed- parts
    Chevs are for parts GMC's are for driving

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //