//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Help!!

--

Exclamation Help!!

I'm trying to get my rotor/flywheel off my 200m and don't have a puller any suggestions

--
    I just tapped around the flywheel with a and then just pulled while someone ed the shaft piece thingy.
    Nate

The Myth, The MAN, The Legend
    R.I.P HRR

Quote Originally Posted by honda250sx View Post
    Fact: Dr. Death is Bob from Enzyte.

--
    if the flywheel rotor like the flywheel on a 200S? I really don't recomment hitting anyshaft with a , go to auto zone rent a harmonic balancer puller and the right size bolts, you'll thank yourself later, when you don't have a bent shaft Jim

Howdy is offline Putting Priorities in Order, Busier than ever. Catch me if you can
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim mac
    if the flywheel rotor like the flywheel on a 200S? I really don't recomment hitting anyshaft with a , go to auto zone rent a harmonic balancer puller and the right size bolts, you'll thank yourself later, when you don't have a bent shaft Jim
    It is actually more like a 200x. You just have to thread the puller / bolt into the center of the flywheel. Tighten the bolt up pretty tight and then lightly tap the the end of the bolt. Then tighten it more, and tap it again, repeat until it pops off.
    Howdy

--

large metric bolt for puller

Yup Howdy is right just go to a part store and get a large metric bolt to thread into the end of the flywheel shaft and tighten alittle and tap and repeat until it pops off. I can't remember what size it is so get a few metric bolts 14 15 16mm thread with the standard pitch. The 200s models requires the other puller which are usually very cheap at any atv shop. Hitting the crankshaft isn't the way to go and when you tap the bolt use a rubber mallet to prevent any damage. I'll take a pic of the bolt and the flywheel in a minute. Goodluck

--

pic of puller

Here the pic of the bolt I use on my Big red when I rebuilt the motors. Very cheap and effective way to remove it without paying alot for the same basic tool.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HPIM0895.JPG  

--

Talking

I got'er done here is how it played out -- 1st I took the frontaxle bolt out and used it as puller bolt (thread was perfect) 2nd I threaded it into the hole, a problem arose when i couldn't get it tight enough. I ended up using vice grips on rotor ( I am using a different rotor anyways - I recomend using something between the jaws and rotor to prevent possible damage to rotor ) once I was able to get the bolt tighter I just tapped the end with , tightened again and then tapped it did this about three times and it came right out tomorrow I will finnesh putting it back together and will let yall know how it turns out. Thanks to Everyone that helped
    Last edited by bigred1; 10-04-2005 at 12:31 AM.

--
    Sweet I never thought of the front axle. Make sure you have the woodruff key aligned with the keyway when installing and use a rubber mallet not a hard metal . Goodluck to you.

--
    thanks brendan got it covered, oh and the front axle was Howdy's idea I'll post when I get it running

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //