//ArrowChat Code

Thread: how to assemble valves/timing chain/sprocket

--

how to assemble valves/timing chain/sprocket

I had to install new rings on my 200m Honda ATC. Now, I do not have a manual and I do not know how to make sure the timing chain is hooked up to the sprocket correctly. I do not see any marks to line up with TDC on the sprocket...but I am guessing there must be somewhere? Can anyone help? I know how to adjust timing, but I need to know how to line everything up properly first. thx

--
    there should be a circle on the sprocket right above a bolt hole..if there isnt turn it to the other side and look...if you cant find it..well..align one of the bolt holes with the top little arrow on the head...and make sure your cam lobes are pointing down...allign your flywheel to the t mark and make sure your piston is at tdc..its easy to tell and easy to turn if you take out the spark plug...once its all lined up bolt in the sprocket then attatch your cam chain tensioner then put it all back together and it should run nicely..make sure when u put your cam gear back on that the chain is on the gear..its easier and it wont mess up your timing..hope this helps..i have a 185s and ive had to do it so many times..if yours backfires and doesnt run then take your cdi cover off and move the pulser 180 degrees and put it back in and try it
    trikes owned:
    85' 200m - sold
    84' 200x - sold
    83' 185s - sold
    82' 185s - sold
    85' 350x !!! - selling

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //