//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Powder coating frames ....... How much ?

--

Powder coating frames ....... How much ?

About how much should one expect to pay to have a 200S frame powder coated the stock black? Does that price include prepping (sandblasting it) it also?

Tri-Z Pilot is offline Check my feedback before buying from me Got the holeshot
    --
    Between $50-$70, media blasting included.
    Current Rides-Soon to be 85 350X, 84 200X
    PastRides
    86 250SX 85 Tri-Z (yellow) 85 Tri-Z (silver) 86 200x 01 Blaster 99 Blaster 85 ATC250R 86 ATC250ES 84 Tri-Zinger 60 ATC500R Project
    Originally Posted by atctim
    I prefer to be called a "3 wheeled American" I find the term "Trike People" very offensive and derogatory!
    SOON MY PRECIOUS!

--
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Z Pilot
    Between $50-$70, media blasting included.
    I've never heard of a frame being done that cheap.

Send a pm to Quickonstep. He does powder coating.

Quickonstep is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    i wouldnt do it for any less than 80... with a 1 week turn around, prepped, blasted, baked, bubble wrapped and shipped back to you

Jesse

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Quickonstep
    i wouldnt do it for any less than 80... with a 1 week turn around, prepped, blasted, baked, bubble wrapped and shipped back to you

Jesse
    Wow! That's a good deal. How much do you charge for 250r frames?
    '02 Honda 416ex - A seasoned blend of 11 herbs and spices
    '04 Honda Recon - The yard machine and snow plow
    '88 Honda CR250R - Another chapter in my torrid all terrain affair

--
    Really? I used to work at a powdercoating plant, and I didnt think frames were that expensive. Given it's been about 3 years, I thought I was somewhat close.
    PastRides
    86 250SX 85 Tri-Z (yellow) 85 Tri-Z (silver) 86 200x 01 Blaster 99 Blaster 85 ATC250R 86 ATC250ES 84 Tri-Zinger 60 ATC500R Project
    I prefer to be called a "3 wheeled American" I find the term "Trike People" very offensive and derogatory!
    SOON MY PRECIOUS!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolin86
    Wow! That's a good deal. How much do you charge for 250r frames?

I agree! can you do mine in the stock 250r red color??...
    1985 Honda ATC250R drag trike with s/t kit and full drag CR hybrid motor and drag chassis...
    1986 Honda ATC250R daily rider fully modded engine, +4 swinger,etc...
    1997 Polaris Storm 800 triple, boyesen reeds, dg individual silencers, 240 studs, 123mph on radar...

--
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Z Pilot
    Really? I used to work at a powdercoating plant, and I didnt think frames were that expensive. Given it's been about 3 years, I thought I was somewhat close.
    Most of the prices I've found for something like a 250R frame is in the $250 range. I'll let Quick answer for himself. He beat every other price I've found by a good margin though.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Dammit!
    Most of the prices I've found for something like a 250R frame is in the $250 range. I'll let Quick answer for himself. He beat every other price I've found by a good margin though.
    Holly Hell! And they were paying me $6.50 an hour, those bastards!
    PastRides
    SOON MY PRECIOUS!

Quickonstep is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    well.. for you guys on here.. and on org, im cuttin yall a big break... but thats just because this is a great place and alot of you guys get shafted by the dealer for parts, and im kinda giving some back to you guys..

for any frame, (3 wheeler) i can do for 80 bux, with a 1 week turn around (7 days) yall pay the shipping, and SHIP IN A BOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! when you get the frame back, it will look just as it did when it rolled off the assembly line over in hong kong or wherever it came from... absolutly no difference, and will garentee the finish until you start building on it.. and will even go as far as sending pix before the peice is sent back out..

I have some of dammits parts, and thats what we are doing right now, going back and forth with some colors, some different schemes, until there is somthing HE likes.. I dont mind working with people to get what THEY want for a GREAT price..

Jesse

--
    Blog Entries
    I still think you're under charging. Well.... once you're done with my stuff I'll think you're under charging... Actually I think I'll just shut up now.

--
    This is what I got done locally about 6 weeks ago for $150...with blast.
    $80 is a good deal, if the shipping does not do you in.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ALL640.JPG   HUB640.JPG  

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Quickonstep
    well.. for you guys on here.. and on org, im cuttin yall a big break... but thats just because this is a great place and alot of you guys get shafted by the dealer for parts, and im kinda giving some back to you guys..

for any frame, (3 wheeler) i can do for 80 bux, with a 1 week turn around (7 days) yall pay the shipping, and SHIP IN A BOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! when you get the frame back, it will look just as it did when it rolled off the assembly line over in hong kong or wherever it came from... absolutly no difference, and will garentee the finish until you start building on it.. and will even go as far as sending pix before the peice is sent back out..

I have some of dammits parts, and thats what we are doing right now, going back and forth with some colors, some different schemes, until there is somthing HE likes.. I dont mind working with people to get what THEY want for a GREAT price..

Jesse
    Your a good man! I thought I read that you didn't have the facilities though to do frames in another post?
    A great deal your offering for sure! I hope I can talk my freind into having his done. I'll get back to you.......might be a while though.

Bill X_R is offline Bill "The Finger" XR oo|oo Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Dammit!
    I still think you're under charging. Well.... once you're done with my stuff I'll think you're under charging... Actually I think I'll just shut up now.

LMFAO!!!!!!
    86' 250 R
    02' DS 650
    03' Cannibal
    03' Haspin Vet
    04' Haspin Vet
    05' Haspin Vet

--
    price just went up for dammit!

I did say i couldnt do frames, but have decded to do them because i have a lamp thatll allow me to cook the frame without a oven..

And i figure if yall are spendin your cash on powdercoating.. why not with me lol...

Jesse

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //