//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Are these Honda factory 350X fender decals?

clong is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

Are these Honda factory 350X fender decals?

Does anybody know by looking at these if these look like Honda facotry decals? Do they come this way with both sides with white paper before you stick them. The measurments are accurate with the big 350X decals being 2" by 14".
    I just bought these on beay and am wondering what I got. Thanks for you opinions.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails decals.jpg  
    1986 Honda 350X - stock w/ supertrapp, K&N, DG wheels
    1985 Honda 250R - OEM fresh trailer queen, but I'll ride it
    1985 Honda 250R - "rider" but still pretty original

2005 Yamaha YZ250 - stock
    2007 PW50 - stock

2005 Chevy Silverado crew cab - red, 5.3L

--
    They look like them. But there is prob. no real way to know what they are. A lot of folks make reproductions of them. Just because they are reproductions, it doesnt mean they are junk. I have a set of Reproductions on my Big Red that look incredible. Im going to get a set for my 350x from a buddy when I get it about finished. They look good. The white part is thereto help you put them on without getting bubbles in the stickers. Use some slighly soapy water to put them on. Clean the surface and then peel the backing off the stickers and wet the back side of the sticker with the soapy water. This will help you position it and get all the bubbles out. Once you get it where you want it, squeege it out. Then let it dry. Works like a charm.
    Clay Whitman
    Newnan, GA

AMSOIL DEALER

My Toys

2008 Yamaha Rhino 700 SE

1999 Larson 226 SEI 5.0L EFIVolvo I/O LOVE IT

--
    They look like honda but they are probably reproductions. Nothing wrong with that i would replace my torn 86 stickers with those anyday.

--
    I already bought some reproductions and was not happy becasue the big rear 350X decals were not 2"x14". They were noticabley smaller. Like you said they weren't bad sitickers but I want the facotry size big logos on the back fend. I returned those and have been looking for the longest time and was told if you want the 2x14 size you gotta buy OEM decals, which are disc. Then I find these which are 2x14 but still not sure of whether there Honda or not. Still waiting for them in the mail.

2007 PW50 - stock

--
    Blog Entries
    I bought some 250R repro's that were decent. Dimensions were slightly off but it still fit where it needed to go.

http://members.cox.net/qwikstop/rearview.jpg

--
    I only buy decals form a guy here on the board... Harlyn Lynne... his 3ww ID is oldman or theoldman He's in MN. His ebay ID is memberXXXXXX (can't remember the numbers...)

He goes out of his way to find HONDA OEM stickers inorder to copy. His decals for say the 350X and 250R have the identical codes and backgrounds IDENTICAL to HONDA OEM ones. Most HONDA ones are discontinued. Unless they are in a HONDA bag, with the part number on it, I'd assume any decal you find is a reproduction.

Bruce
    '85 ATC350X - "Showgirl" '86 OEM plastics/Fork boots, Rear Axle/Rotor/Hubs, Hondaline Fender stabalizer/extender, Speedo/Tach, Tank cover.
    '86 ATC350X - 'Go-Go Girl'
    '82 ATC250R - 'California Girl' - Progressive springs F and R, Hondaline HL Guard, Fairing and Speedometer.
    '82 ATC250R -'Snow Bunny' Ice Racer, Very Clean, Hondaline Fairing, custom FT tire, will put in the 300R motor
    '70 US90 'Ol'Girl" - Aquarius Blue... all original seat and tires. Resto project in the future
    '85 ATC250ES-'Workin' Girl' CMP Footguard, Hondaline Mudflaps, Speedo, HL Lens, Block Heater, Work Light, Foot Peg Covers and Cooler Rack
    '85 ATC70 - All Original

'84 Yamaha 225DX - Durablue +3" axle, DR motor, New Plastics, Foot, Hand and HL Guards.
    '85 Yamahauler - Gun Rack & 'Nerf Bars'
    '85 Yamahauler - Nearly together and restored
    '83 Suzuki ALT125 - Pieces
    '89 Suzuki LT-4WD - Token Golf Cart

--
    I agree with Bruce. Harlan makes top notch stuff. I worked with hime to make a set of decals for a 87 Big Red. They look perfect. Harlan is the man.
    Clay Whitman
    Newnan, GA

AMSOIL DEALER

My Toys

2008 Yamaha Rhino 700 SE

1999 Larson 226 SEI 5.0L EFIVolvo I/O LOVE IT

RichinMO is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I bought repro decals off ebay from "hanke4" for my 86 350x and once you get them on the bike you can't tell the difference between them and the originals. Very good quality too.
    1985 ATC250ES
    1985 ATC250SX
    1984 ATC200S "Little Red" - Trailer hitch, Hondaline: Front and Rear Racks, Cooler Rack, Tripmeter, HL Grille, Rubber Footpeg Covers, Mudflaps.
    1985 ATC70
    2008 CRF230L - Dual Sport
    2016 TRX500 Foreman Rubicon Deluxe

--
    Yup,them are repo's.Like Bruce said,if they were factory,they would look this this,still in a bag.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails factory decal.jpg  
    85/86 ATC 567x

Bailey(11/30/97-4/17/06) My little angel

--
    452X,
    Dam I got screwed. I really wanted OEM decals. I hope these ones I bought look close.

Where did that one come from in your picture? I see its still in the Honda bag. Can you still get those?

2007 PW50 - stock

--
    Quote Originally Posted by clong
    452X,
    Dam I got screwed. I really wanted OEM decals. I hope these ones I bought look close.

Where did that one come from in your picture? I see its still in the Honda bag. Can you still get those?
    I picked these up a few years ago when they were available.I only have one,can't find the other one,ggrr!!
    85/86 ATC 567x

Bailey(11/30/97-4/17/06) My little angel

--
    I think you are alright.... the auction you won looks like one of Harlan's... I know a couple people that have gotten decals from Hanke4. The ones I've seen have the rear fender 350X decal too small.

I can't remember who I originally bought from, but they were terrible! Instead of the white background, they made each piece a seperate decal. (the 'X' was 8 pieces!) Might as well put em in the trash cause the first ride, you are losing pieces! They also were a more reflective color than the original.

I emailed Harlan today. I'll update this with his 3wheelerworld ID and ebay ID when I know them for sure.

Bruce
    '85 ATC350X - "Showgirl" '86 OEM plastics/Fork boots, Rear Axle/Rotor/Hubs, Hondaline Fender stabalizer/extender, Speedo/Tach, Tank cover.
    '82 ATC250R - 'California Girl' - Progressive springs F and R, Hondaline HL Guard, Fairing and Speedometer.
    '82 ATC250R -'Snow Bunny' Ice Racer, Very Clean, Hondaline Fairing, custom FT tire, will put in the 300R motor
    '70 US90 'Ol'Girl" - Aquarius Blue... all original seat and tires. Resto project in the future
    '85 ATC250ES-'Workin' Girl' CMP Footguard, Hondaline Mudflaps, Speedo, HL Lens, Block Heater, Work Light, Foot Peg Covers and Cooler Rack
    '85 ATC70 - All Original

'84 Yamaha 225DX - Durablue +3" axle, DR motor, New Plastics, Foot, Hand and HL Guards.

--
    Here we go. On ebay here is a set of OEM rear decals and tank wings. These are actual Honda casue there in the bag still if you look at the second photo. I would love to have these but look at the price with still 2 days to go.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW

2007 PW50 - stock

--
    The tank wings I think you can still get from HONDA. Seems like the rear fender decals went discontinued this year or last year. The tank stickers were like $6-8 a piece and I recall the rear stickers being like ~$18 a piece, so really $50 for the 4 of them isn't so bad if you want to pay that much for the Hondaline bags... Harlans are exact repos of these. Think he sells a whole set for alot cheaper than that.

Here's his ID's.... 'oldman' here on 3wheelerworld and his eBay is 'MEMBER739346'

:aters
    Bruce
    '85 ATC70 - All Original

--
    I know the ebayer your talking about. He does have nice decals. He had a set of wings and tank warning stickers for $26 inc S&H. I'm going to email him for those casue I already bought that set at the top of this thread. I ended up buying those for $50 and I'm sure Harlan would have been maybe $40 at most for the same 4 decals....ohh well. I did however go to bikebandit and they still list them but I'm sure after you place the order they will email you saying they can't fill the order. If BB did have them it would have been $62 out the door with shipping and tax for the same 4 decals. Would be worth it for OEM but you can't get them so better focus on some good repros like what Harlyn makes.

2007 PW50 - stock

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //