//ArrowChat Code

Thread: atc 110 won't idle

--

atc 110 won't idle

ok here we go,,, i have a 1980 honda atc 110 , it won't idle hot or cold unless the choke is on.
    I have sprayed carb cleaner all around to find a vac leak,, but non found.
    I have also ck'ed the valve adjustment,,, seem ok (not tight)
    any help????
    Also do u know where i can get the lifter caps????
    any help wouls really help.

--
    My 110 acts up sometimes. Heres some thing you could try...

Change your spark plug.

How fast is it idleing?

My 110 does the same thing till I clean the spark plug. I may wind up cleaning my carb. out really good....hope this helps.
    "I am going out of this world.....the same way I came in...screaming and covered in blood."

--
    I cleaned the carb (soaked in cleaner even) but no help.
    I used the old gasket and stuff ,,, i got a carb kit on order just in case...
    I am a service manager for an auto repair shop so i kinda know aht to look for ,, but this has me stumped
    also where can i get a cobra exaust sytem for my 110????

--
    You can get a cobra exhaust an www.denniskirk.com. They go for about $110.
    "I am going out of this world.....the same way I came in...screaming and covered in blood."

leprogle is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    a 110 guru told me the other day, that his 110, wouldn't idle, and he tried all kinds off things, and finally what it was, was the cdi springs, were worn out, and wasn't pulling it back together fast enough, put new springs on, and it idled like a dream
    I had idling problems with my 185, and i put a new needle and seat in the carb, and it now idles the very best
    good luck
    Caution
    Do not "POP WHEELIES" and run for any distance with the ATC. The oil capacity is relatively small and the oil will drain out of the oil pump area thus causing loss of oil pressure, resulting in costly engine damage -CLYMER

--
    try turning in the air screw all the way until it stops, then srew it out 1 1/2 to 2 turns then adjust the idle from there. one of my 70's did it all the time. the air screw was missing the spring so it always screwed out of adjustment and would barely start and never stay running on idle. it's just a suggestion but it sounds like the same thing
    The biggest fish in the river gets that way
    being fast and never getting caught.

Rides:
    83 atc70
    84 atc70
    85 atc70
    81 atc185s
    92 Kawi Bayou
    86 trx125
    71 mx360 yama
    71 rl250 trials suzi
    72 rv90 suzi

--
    leprogle, just to clarify, are you talking about the timing advance springs? Thanks.
    My Rides
    Yamaha 225 DR For Sale Soon
    Yamaha 200E
    Honda 110 Need parts? PM me! They're cheap!
    Trikes are fun, trikes are fast. They make everyday a pure blast!

--
    Ok i'll tyr the cdi springs (what is cdi??)
    also i'm gonna rebuild the carb , got the kit today..
    Where can i get the cdi springs????
    Also what type of oil should i use (Ineed to change the oil soon)

--
    my 110 won't idle either ,i'm thinking it's either the head gasket haven't seen no leaks tho or the jet needle and seat in the carb ,but now these cdi springs got me wondering never heard of that before..

leprogle is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I think they're the timing advance springs, they're the two little springs on that magnetic thing on the top end, I've always referred to it as the CDI, because it says CDI on the cover on my 185
    Caution
    Do not "POP WHEELIES" and run for any distance with the ATC. The oil capacity is relatively small and the oil will drain out of the oil pump area thus causing loss of oil pressure, resulting in costly engine damage -CLYMER

--
    yeah the cover on my 110 says cdi too i'm gonna check it out and i'll let ya know..my cdi has a bad gasket so i'll be opening it either way..

--
    still won't idle with out the choke on,,, rebuilt the carb and cked fuel delivery.
    I think cdi is next,, where are they located????
    Also what is the point gap for the 110????

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //