//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Looking for ATC extended Swinger 85 250r

--

Looking for ATC extended Swinger 85 250r

Hey 👋

I have an 85 250r and I am looking for an extended swingarm upgrade.

Of course, I’d love to find a WestCoast +2 or +4 for the 85 trike. Also, I’d be interested in finding out if anyone is extending original swing arms?

If you have any info, I’d appreciate the help on this hunt for increased sand drag performance and less wheelie popping madness 😂

--
    Okay guys, I bought an 86 WestCoast +2 swingarm on eBay. I know I’ll need an 86 axle, brake stay, and hubs. What I’m curious about is if the 85 axle hardware (nuts, spacers, washers, etc) will work on an 86 axle or if I’ll need 86 hardware for the 86 axle as well.

Any help on the topic would be great. Just to clarify, I have an 85 atc fully in tact, with a newly purchased 86 swingarm and I’m creating a parts list that I’ll need to convert to that 86 swingarm.

Thanks in advance friends!

--
    Congrats on the find! It's been a while, but my faulty, old, memory tells me, your '85 wheel hubs, spacers, & hub nuts will work with the newer axle. As you said, you'll need an '86-89 axle, an '86-89 brake stay, plus an '86-89 rear brake caliper, and an '86-89 rear bearing carrier. Seems like the rear shock-to-dogbone link was a bigger diameter on the '86-89 as well.
    Red Rider's Sand Machine Updated 07/23/14

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //