//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 1984 Kawasaki Prairie 250, sparks once when kill switch is toggled off

--

1984 Kawasaki Prairie 250, sparks once when kill switch is toggled off

I’m new here, and happy to be here, just wondering if I could pick some brains, I’ve got a 1984 Kawasaki prairie 250 with no spark, it’s been an intermittent issue for about a week, now I’ve got no spark at all unless the kill switch is toggled and it sparks once, I unplugged the kill switch from the cdi and bypassed it right to 12v from the battery and when I unhook 12v it sparks, like it’s discharging every time 12v is removed, I tested the pulsar coil across both leads it seems to be fine, I forget the exact numbers in ohms but I’ll update this tonight after work when I test it again, not sure if anyone has dealt with this before, but any tips to point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated

--
    Every time I’ve run into that situation it was a bad CDI box .
    78 atc 90/180cc Dickson Full Suspension
    76 ATC90/180cc Nicholson
    77 atc 90 Dickson Full Suspension
    84 KLT 110/123cc Powroll Racer from 80s
    87 atc 125m stock
    84 atc 200x Curtis Sparks
    84 atc 200x Powroll My race bike from 80's
    83 atc70/108cc Powroll blue Xmas Special
    81 atc185s HP-ATC full suspension

Performance Shop is Open PM me for Service

My Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck+shortline10

--
    I was thinking that but was really hoping it wasn’t hopefully I’ll find a cdi on eBay, thanks!

--
    I second his guess to. I have some klt’s too and they are known for having bad cdi’s
    If its on the internet its got to be true they can't put any lie's on the internet

--
    Just wanted to update incase someone else has this issue in the future and wants to reference this, new cdi box came in from Amazon, switched the pins around, plugged it in, and fired right up, now we’ll see how long this cdi lasts

--
    What pins did you have to switch around ? I’ve never looked on there for one
    If its on the internet its got to be true they can't put any lie's on the internet

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //