//ArrowChat Code

Thread: I need vindication

--

I need vindication

I have an 85 SX with a leaky petcock. Drilled out a little too much (still saveable but I have spares). However the spares are for a 5.5mm line and the one that was on it appears to be 5/16” or 8mm, carb inlet too.
    1. Am I crazy?
    2. Is there a common swap that used an 8mm line?
    3. Is there a replacement petcock with an 8mm outlet?

It’s got the nut type fastener not the two screw holes like some others have.
    Just got the thing running with a 1/4”-5/16” adapter but I feel like it’s choking the carb and it wants to stall out. May also be just cause it hasn’t ran in a decade.
    Thanks in advance!

Footy is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by FZ6Rick View Post
    I have an 85 SX with a leaky petcock. Drilled out a little too much (still saveable but I have spares). However the spares are for a 5.5mm line and the one that was on it appears to be 5/16” or 8mm, carb inlet too.
    1. Am I crazy?
    2. Is there a common swap that used an 8mm line?
    3. Is there a replacement petcock with an 8mm outlet?

It’s got the nut type fastener not the two screw holes like some others have.
    Just got the thing running with a 1/4”-5/16” adapter but I feel like it’s choking the carb and it wants to stall out. May also be just cause it hasn’t ran in a decade.
    Thanks in advance!
    Welcome to the site. Typically the oem honda petcock will have a larger spigot. If you can post a photo comparing the 2 petcocks.
    Put your butt on the inside fender or end up on the ground!

TRX450ER
    ATC250SX
    ATC350X
    ATC110
    ATC185S
    XR100R
    CRF230F
    Raptor 125
    Breeze 125
    Grizzly700

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //