//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 250SX mini project

--

250SX mini project

I bought a 1985 250SX about a month ago. I grew up riding a 200S and decided to get an ATC to ride with our 15 year old son after getting him a dirt bike. I was thinking a quad but when I realized you can get ATCs, I made the decision to get one. It runs good but needs some work. Before doing anything to it, my wife rode it and decided it was the going to be the ‘girl’s bike.’

So I got an 1985 200X for me, and it needs nothing other than normal maintenance. Which leaves me with the 250SX.

- Replaced broken tail light with a new nock off 2006 TRX450R LED tail light. It fits perfect and looks great. It has a brake light function that just doesn’t get wired.
    - Replaced stock rear shock with a 1993-2000 FourTrax 300 shock. The top bushing sleeve needed to be ground with a flap disk slightly but it fits great and is a huge improvement.
    - New LED head light bulb. Easy as changing a light bulb.
    - All new KTX plastics and a Clarke fuel tank, because she wants it white. The OE front fender is trash but the rear is in really good shape, so is the headlight shell and the stock tank is great shape. This is all for sale.
    - I have new tires and black wheels Douglas and DWT wheels to go on.
    - Replace all bearings
    - Replace the drive shaft boot
    - Rebuild the entire front assembly from the neck bearings down to the wheel bearings.

That should be keep me busy and make the wife very happy. I’ll post pictures once I figure that out.

Drex

--
    Be sure to let us know how the KTX plastics fit.

--
    Will do. Are there concerns over the KTX plastics?

--
    Some have said that they don't fit the best.

--
    Ok, I’ll report back.

Fuel tank just got delivered. Has anyone had to seal these? The previous owner of my 200X said the decals don’t last long because fuel vapor permeates the tank.

--
    I've heard the same thing. I've also heard the sealing them works. I can't say either way since I don't have decals on my plastic tanks.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //