//ArrowChat Code

Thread: It’s so weird it’s cool. ALT185.

Homeless Dave is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

It’s so weird it’s cool. ALT185.

Picked up a new trike, an 85 Suzuki ALT185. It runs. But haven’t gotten to ride it yet. Got some neat parts for this thing as well. Scored a NOS bassani pipe, nos headlight guard, nos headlight, and an old stage 1 WEB cam from a lt185.And did i mention it has a some like new fast trekkers? I also have a factory hitch and rear rack I intend to install.
    Just wanted something unique for pit cruising and booting around on.
    I’m really happy with it for the price, I’m gonna have the coolest ALT around, I’ve been actively looking for one for years. Impossible to find up here. Thankfully the front fender is not broken!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Currently : trx400fw, ct70, 250es,200x, xl80s, 350x, 350x, Trx250X,ALT185

Footy is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    That is a rare find! In the late 1980's I worked part time at a suzuki shop. There were atleast 6 of those in a barn behind the shop with no steering stems on them.
    Suzuki required the shop to ship them the section of the frame with the vin "where the stem would fit" after the consent decree was passed in April 1987.
    Put your butt on the inside fender or end up on the ground!

TRX450ER
    ATC250SX
    ATC350X
    ATC110
    ATC185S
    XR100R
    CRF230F
    Raptor 125
    Breeze 125
    Grizzly700

--
    Nice, great bike. That was my first bike in 85- I remember my dad took me to the dealer there was suzukis and hondas..... I was eyeing the 250r's but the salesman says to my dad my first bike should be the Suzuki Alt 185........took it home that day. Ran my legs over many times until i learned "NOT" to put my feet down....

Still have it today actually. Waiting to do a refurbish on it with stash of parts Someday soon.

shep

--
    That truly is a cool find for sure. I saw one on FB Marketplace. I wonder if it's that one? Be sure to take good care of it since the parts are so hard to find.

--
    Congratulations.

That's a difficult trike to find in that condition.

It looks like the plastics will clean up nice, regardless of any damage. Some repopped decals would really set it right.

Leaving it stock and not installing those nice parts you got would be a good move. Certainly keep the packaging any of those parts came in. If you have any vehicle shows around there and got it looking pretty nice, making a display with those parts would really round out the trike's showing. It doesn't have to be a show winner, just having a good looking Suzuki trike would draw attention, because there aren't many.

It would look awesome in the back of a Datsun/Nissan pickup that vintage, especially the ones that may have came with similarly styled body decals.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    That’s real nice, I have one down here in Australia that I have done a slight restoration on. The front guards are impossible to find. Been looking for over 10 years.
    1980 ATC 70 Needs Restoration
    1985 ATC 250es Fully Refurbed
    1986 ATC 350x Mint Original

Homeless Dave is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by 350for350 View Post
    That truly is a cool find for sure. I saw one on FB Marketplace. I wonder if it's that one? Be sure to take good care of it since the parts are so hard to find.
    It’s possible it’s the same one, was listed for sale in southern SD, if your search range was big enough you may have seen it.

I also found out that I don’t have a parts machine anymore… I keep most of my parts in storage at my father house since I have no garage. I guess he scrapped a ton of stuff around the property and my roller lt185 was in the mix. It had the rear rack and a MINT seat of rear fenders too.
    I have found this thing is an odd unit to ride. It’s completely different than any other trike I’ve ever ridden, which is all the Hondas, kawis, and most the yammer s. It is pretty good on low end torque, will lug up the steepest hill with ease. Gear spread is awful, might as well have 2 speeds since 2nd-4th feel pretty much the same. And did I mention it’s fast? We clocked it at nearly 60.
    I’m no stranger to 3 wheelers, but this thing is borderline dangerous at any speed, not stable in any form. But man is it weird and cool. Definitely a machine I’m going to clean up and hold on to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Currently : trx400fw, ct70, 250es,200x, xl80s, 350x, 350x, Trx250X,ALT185

--
    I remember them when I was a kid, but over here in Australia not many around as almost everyone wanted a Honda.

--
    Nice find. They are good running bikes. I've got one. I like it because it is different and you don't see a lot of them around. Enjoy yours!

--
    Looks like the Phillies mascot also had a 185.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	phillie_phanatic_ALT185.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	646.0 KB 
ID:	271483

--
    There is one just popped up on Foolbook Marketplace in Sydney Australia. Listed as "1985 Suzuki ALT 185"

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //