//ArrowChat Code

Thread: ATC 250SX Fork Tube Seized

--

ATC 250SX Fork Tube Seized

Has anyone had experience and success w/ seized fork tubes on this machine? I haven't dug into why exactly they aren't moving just yet, but I'm hoping several people may have also experienced this and have some advice or tips. My first assumption would be just general dirt and grime has worked it's way in internally and seized the parts, but I suppose there could be also be the possibility of a slightly bent tube putting everything in a bind. Is there a trick to pulling these apart if nothing budges with whacks of a rubber mallet?

Footy is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Was this machine in use? Or was this one sitting in the weather?
    Put your butt on the inside fender or end up on the ground!

TRX450ER
    ATC250SX
    ATC350X
    ATC110
    ATC185S
    XR100R
    CRF230F
    Raptor 125
    Breeze 125
    Grizzly700

--
    The answer was pretty evident after I spent a little time looking over the machine yesterday. Someone installed a tire too wide to run in between the forks and just let it run. The tire rubbed all the way through the aluminum lower forks.

So it appears I am on the hunt for a set of used forks.....

--
    Wow - that’s a first for me to hear about a failure mode like that. You could probably get away with just a set of lowers, or does it look like other damage beyond the aluminum tubes being worn thru?

--
    It happens. I bought a SX that had the fork lowers almost rubbed through from a tire that was too wide.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //