//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Spanner Wrench Size

--

Spanner Wrench Size

Hi, I have a Yamaha 225 DX Tri Moto and am going to replace the rear axle bearings, I was wondering what size of spanner wrench to get to undo the two nuts that hold in the axle shaft, also where is the best place to get replacement bearings?

--
    Just buy a LARGE adjustable wrench , I have one that’s tapered on the end so I can ad a 6’ pipe for leverage .
    78 atc 90/180cc Dickson Full Suspension
    76 ATC90/180cc Nicholson
    77 atc 90 Dickson Full Suspension
    84 KLT 110/123cc Powroll Racer from 80s
    87 atc 125m stock
    84 atc 200x Curtis Sparks
    84 atc 200x Powroll My race bike from 80's
    83 atc70/108cc Powroll blue Xmas Special
    81 atc185s HP-ATC full suspension

Performance Shop is Open PM me for Service

My Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck+shortline10

--

https://www.harborfreight.com/hand-t...nch-63644.html

A two foot long adjustable wrench. That's what I bought just for ATV axle nuts and it's held up fine. I think any fixed size wrench large enough for those nuts is going to be very expensive. You'll only find wrenches of that size in industrial settings.

There are some axle nut wrench sets on Ebay/Amozon, but they have short handles and look like they're made for a 1/2" ratchet to fit into. That looks more cumbersome than a large adjustable wrench, and my knuckles may start to bleed just by looking at those.

Whatever you do, please don't use a pipe wrench. Sure, it'll work, but it'll be plain as day which tool you used, even decades later.
    Last edited by ATC King; 02-05-2024 at 12:20 PM.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //