--
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1592.jpeg 
Views:	13 
Size:	731.6 KB 
ID:	271336

Test to see if this pic shows up.

--
    Ha - it did. Not my trike, but does anyone know what low profile rear tires are on that Tecate?

I’m making ok progress - slow as usual. Rebuilt rear shock in place, went to install the rear axle last night and saw it’s also “tweaked” but not horribly, I’m going to try and straighten it out. The forks are installed, used the straightened tubes, I tried to source an alternate set (but failed unfortunately). I’ll post some pictures of progress in the next couple days.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsst41 View Post
    Not my trike, but does anyone know what low profile rear tires are on that Tecate?
    18x11-10 Fast Trekkers.
    Red Rider's Sand Machine Updated 07/23/14

--
    Onto restoration of that radiator guard - can anyone give me recommendations on the paint code that should match up well to the new plastics? I’ve done some online research & read Kawasaki green paint k417 is a good match for late ‘80s lime green, but it’s not easily sourced stateside. All the PJ1 spray paints seem to be later colors as well (98+). Any feedback and experience is appreciated.

--
    Making progress !Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2853.jpeg 
Views:	15 
Size:	566.7 KB 
ID:	271380

--

Another “snag”

So I could tell the Mikuni carb that was installed on the Tecate wasn’t stock - it’s a flat slide - but figured I’d clean it up and see how well I can tune it (if needed) it seems to run well when I took the trike for a test ride - anyway the PO had removed the airbox and installed a small clamp-on canister filter. The extra parts included an airbox, so I reinstalled that, sourced a replacement cage (not easy) and installed a new UNI filter. Well as you may have guessed, the flat slide carb doesn’t fit in that stock space. Bummed to have to source a carb for this project, but I shouldn’t be surprised.

I don’t want to bother finding a stock carb that’s 40 years old (and it’s strange the prices being asked on eBay for non-complete ones). I did a quick test fit of the Keihin PJ off my ‘86 ATC 250R, and it fit perfectly. I’ve read to look at the 35 mm PWK - but I might try to fire it up with the PJ and see how it runs. Any recommendations?

Thanks !

Steve

--

Carb Pics

Some photos
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2884.jpeg   IMG_2885.jpeg  

--
    My brother and I run 38mm PWK A/S carbs on ours and they fit with the stock intake boot and airbox. The airbox boot is stretched a lot, but it works. I'm not sure dimensions are much different if any from that PJ you test fit. I ran a 38 on my stock tecate and it was great and it's great on my ported tecate. I'm sure a 35mm would run great too, but you will give up a little power up top.

--
    Thanks for the feedback - I don’t mind giving up some power, as I’m more interested in it being a good runner.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //