//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: KTX plastics

--
    I’ll post pics and a more extensive fit review once I get them installed. The Clarke tank came in and I can say the color match between the KTX plastics and tank is very good.

--
    Regarding the KTX plastics, I finally got to the point where I could install the front fender on the ‘85 Tecate, and the predrilled mounting holes were spaced incorrectly, by about one hole diameter inward. An easy correction, but annoying. I do like the design of the front fenders as it is shorter than stock (in the back)which was a mod I planned to make, so that feature makes up for the hole misplacement. I hope to have the rear fenders ready to install in a few weeks and will try to have feedback then.

--

How well have they held up?

Quote Originally Posted by oldskool83 View Post
    I will put this all to bed...since not one person has uploaded photos. PICs or it didn't happen. Most guys are going flame a new company trying to enter the market like its the next Jared Fogal. If something does not fit or work lets talk to the company and offer solutions. I know most guys just want BIN BOLT on my brain cant work ya know BRAH type of parts....but 35 years ago Maier didn't even come pre-drilled with 1....not even shinny. We bought those fender because it was SOOOO nice to have new stuff.

Lets appreciate a new company trying to step up the game and enter a hard game.

REVIEW TIME.

Twice the thickness of Maier. More ridged then Maier and OEM due to thickness. Every hole lines up on frame dead nuts. Maier still can do that. Brake line holders formed in...still somthing Maier can't do.

Restro garage queen...KTX
    Racer (that really races....Maier)
    Utility trike....KTX all day
    KTX for anyone who wants a different color than maier is willing to produce. Now remember there is DCplastic also...most guys are not saying (HUH) a very nice economical brand I've personally had Tecate fenders remade by them.

KTX comes boxed nicer than Maier.

WOULD I BUY AGAIN........if there was a color I wanted and could not get in Maier....yet.

KTX crisper lines, nicer shine....non of which I care about. I just wanted black fenders for my 82-84 bigred....I mean BIGBLACK $318 shipped to my door with tax. Not bitching.

Story over about KTX. Buy them if the fall into you requirements, go ride and scuff them the hellup....most of us will choose Maier because its a vintage ledgend name and it's all we know.

How well have they held up? I'm looking to get some for my 250sx and the ktx are way cheaper. I use mine as a yard work and trail riding trike, I've had it almost a year and never had an accident in it.

--
    Still in the loft. Not done building the trike yet.

--
    NOTE: Do not use Acetone to clean the KTX plastics before application of graphics - it dissolves the plastic. I did a quick wipe-down (like I normally for for any of the normal plastics I install race graphics) and it surface melted, even left some of the remnants of melted plastic on my rag I used. Not a huge deal for me as a sticker is going down over top, but lesson learned.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //