//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 250r rear suspension upgrade

--

250r rear suspension upgrade

hello! i have an 86, (titled as an 87) 250r, i am going to compete in the vegas to reno race next year,(2024) i allready have bvc front triple clamps, 09 crf 450 inverted forks, and am wondering what i can do to upgrade rear suspension? in contemplating getting the bvc +2" swingarm but its like $1000! and they dont respond to sponsor requestes i guess! (or at least not mine!) was just wondering about shock mods or is an expensive elka shock about my only option? i have wanted to race my r forever now and in 2019 a friend of mine named wrangle knew a tech inspector at the best in the desert vegas to reno race and somehow got past tech inspection! so now you can run a 3 wheeler in either best in the desert or vorra races!! he was and still is my hero for that! before that you could only race on an even number of tires!! so im going for it next year on my r! and as far as weideros with mohawks, i wear mine in liberty spikes!! dont know if that qualifys my as a weirdo, but i can say, the weirder people think you are, the weirder you can get away with being!! and words to live by fellas, if you cant lift 'em leave 'em alone!!

--
    Welcome to3ww.

Swingarms have never been cheap and they have seen in increase in cost over the last couple years just like everything else. Our site owner, BillyGolightly has made custom swingarms for the 250r in the past, not sure if he is still doing them currently.

There are vintage options for swingarms as well, if you can find one. But they are far from cheap as well. I've never raced so I have zero experience on the subject, but I do know that an upgraded shock tuned to your weight and riding type is a significant upgrade as well.

Good luck in your venture
    Trikes:
    '85 ATC 350R
    '85 ATC 250R
    '86 ATC 350X
    '85 ATC 350X
    '84 ATC 200ES Big Red
    '84 ATC 125M
    '85 ATC 110
    '85 ATC 70/110

If you have bought from me or sold to me, please leave me feedback here>>> http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...+RIDE-RED+250r

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //