//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Yamaha 225 burns oil after warming up and fluctuates rpm

--

Yamaha 225 burns oil after warming up and fluctuates rpm

Help! I got this little beauty cheap for my grandkids. I've wrenched on bikes as a young man in a bike shop so I'm not completely ignorant of diagnostic procedures. I'm also not afraid to do a top end on this little guy. But I would love any input from those with more recent mechanical experience on these bikes. Going to do a leak down test soon. Already found the compression is only 90psi. And I'll squirt starter fluid around the carb mount to see if there are air leaks causing the rpm to rise irradically. Any thoughts that would help my grandkids use this before a teardown over this Summer? Also, is the centrifugal clutch hard to adjust? It slips terribly under any kind of load. I'm thinking I probably have to open that up and inspect it. Thanks! And yes I'm a newby to this forum.

--
    Sounds like you need a top end service and the clutches replace . The centrifugal clutch has no adjustment if it’s slipping then it needs replaced , the main clutch has an adjustment .
    78 atc 90/180cc Dickson Full Suspension
    76 ATC90/180cc Nicholson
    77 atc 90 Dickson Full Suspension
    84 KLT 110/123cc Powroll Racer from 80s
    87 atc 125m stock
    84 atc 200x Curtis Sparks
    84 atc 200x Powroll My race bike from 80's
    83 atc70/108cc Powroll blue Xmas Special
    81 atc185s HP-ATC full suspension

Performance Shop is Open PM me for Service

My Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck+shortline10

--
    check to make sure turning the handlebars is not pulling on the throttle cable making the rpms rise. 99 times out of 100 on ATVs and ATCs I've found smoking is due to piston and rings needing to be replaced, so just needs a top end refresh most likely.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //