//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Honda atc 200m performance upgrades

--

Question Honda atc 200m performance upgrades

I own an 84 200m and its time for a top end rebuild, but i want to get more power out of the bike.
    I have read some other forums about people putting performance parts on their 200 M S and E models and i was thinking about going for a 200x piston and maybe a 200x carb.
    I want to be able to make a noticeable power increase but safely and without damaging the engine or hurting it in the future. And also if i went for a 200x piston and carb would i have to run 91 octane gas.
    If anyone has any other ideas on what i could do to get some more power out of the bike it would be greatly appreciated !

--
    Old thread but a 200X piston is flat top, unlike dished 200m piston. That will help raise compression about 1 point, and 200X carb will fit, I think u have to stretch the airbox boot a little, i cant remember if throttle cable works. Higher octane helps but not required (especially in hot conditions). also try adjusting the ignition timing, try adding a few degrees. (by moving pickup on cylinder head). None of these Mods are "radical" and shouldnt shorten lifespan of engine

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //