Page 309 of 309 FirstFirst ... 209 259 299 307 308 309
Results 4,621 to 4,626 of 4626

Thread: What are you doing today? Thread

--
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FrontBrakeSwitch (1)_compressed.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	636.2 KB 
ID:	271513Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FrontBrakeSwitch (3)_compressed.jpg 
Size:	554.0 KB 
ID:	271514Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FrontBrakeSwitch (4)_compressed.jpg 
Size:	530.6 KB 
ID:	271515Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FrontBrakeSwitch (5)_compressed.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	415.9 KB 
ID:	271516Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FrontBrakeSwitch (6)_compressed.jpg 
Size:	217.2 KB 
ID:	271517Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FrontBrakeSwitch (7)_compressed.jpg 
Size:	257.3 KB 
ID:	271518Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FrontBrakeSwitch (8)_compressed.jpg 
Size:	325.6 KB 
ID:	271519

I needed a new front brake light switch for my bike but was able to clean the original one up instead. 25 years old and just needed a good cleaning to get some more life out of it.

Dirty switches are a regular issue on older machines, fortunately most of them can be disassembled for cleaning without much damage. This one did have the welded pins, which only required a small flat screwdriver to pop the ends off and I used a dab of hot glue to reassemble, although it can't come apart once installed.

It's been very hot the past several days, 106 today. I had enough the other day and rode to the river, and sat in it.
    Last edited by ATC King; 08-18-2024 at 08:18 PM.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    The last old hen we have has been on a roll.

She ate a baby mouse a few days ago and a small tree frog yesterday. Just grabs anything small enough she thinks will fit down her gullet and shakes the dickens out of it, then breaks off pieces and swallows.

--
    I've been working on a lot of vehicles, friends and family type things, which is all I can handle right now. I'd like to post more about some of it but just don't have the time. Some for them to get running and sell, others they want to keep. I've been eying a Cadillac Edlorado Biarritz for a minute, but it hasn't run in decades. That one and some other Caddys, and hopefully the barn doesn't fall down before this winter when they are planned to be extracted.

A friend just bought another motorcycle. I joked, and his wife did too, it's the last one he can buy this year. He bought it for his daughter though. She's been riding quads for several years, then a dirt bike, and recently a dual sport. She's too young for a driver's license but old enough for a motorcycle license. They've been looking at KTM Dukes for a few months and his daughter liked them, so that's what he just bought.

That really lifts my spirits. She's a world apart from many her age and that gives me hope for the future. She's already has some spills, so she already has a good grasp on the consequences of inattentiveness. Still a teen though and much to learn, but she's quick at it.

Seriously, I'm super stoked to see a young person with an adventurous spirit and such self security. Oh, my lord, there's too many of them hooked on social media and instant gratification for shallow acts, and follow politically charged celebrities.

The girl is tough, I've seen it. It'd be great if there were road race tracks around here, she'd rapidly improve.
    Last edited by ATC King; 09-15-2024 at 12:19 AM.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ATC King View Post
    I've been eying a Cadillac Edlorado Biarritz for a minute, but it hasn't run in decades. That one and some other Caddys, and hopefully the barn doesn't fall down before this winter when they are planned to be extracted.
    I purchased a 1998 Dodge Caravan from a customer who passed for $1500. Her daughter said it needed some work....who also was a customer, but I decided to purchase it anyways. It needed some nickel and dime things but the motor ran perfect. So much so that we decided to take it on a 2000 mile trip. The only problem it had was leaving Vegas 4:00 in the morning the passenger window regulator broke. We went back to the house and taped it up and continued on. From Vegas to Reno to Virginia City to Oregon and on to Crescent City California.... and back to San Diego it ran flawlessly.

Beautiful country. From Temps of 108° to 62°.... a very nice trip.

We were going to originally take the bike but I'm glad we didn't. Van travel is so fun and convenient. I purchased a Thule cargo carrier on Offerup for $120 that seemed a little too long but it worked out nicely. After this trip I'm feeling long range motorcycle travel may be a thing of the past for this old fat dude.

--
    Minivans, the most efficient and practical motorized private person movers ever invented. If there's a vehicle that makes people look intelligent, it's the minivan.

Some of them are actually pretty easy to work on too, for regular maintenance. They're certainly easier to work on inside, especially with seats stowed or removed. Some of the Chrysler models have plenty of engine bay space, with their transverse drivetrain. RWD and AWD minivans can be a bit of a pain to work on and the early mid-engine Toyotas are a bit strange. At least most modern minivans abandoned the doghouse a long time ago and have an actual hood now.

I've seen one AWD Astro, 4.3 V6, with a five speed. I don't remember what it was in the shop for, but I worked on it. I've seen some other ones, but never another factory five speed. There's 4x4 kits for them, to use an actual dual range transfer case instead of the AWD setup.

I had to look for where the spare tire is on your '98 and it seems like they're under the rear. Much better than later ones where the spare is under the van, beneath the front seats. With a flat, the van may sit so low that those spares don't have enough room to come out until the van is jacked up and having to drag it out from under a vehicle sitting on a flimsy emergency jack, likely on uneven ground, isn't ideal.

Good vehicles. Decent fuel economy, plenty of interior space, good power, stable handling (thanks in part to their lower ride height compared to a compact SUV), and with the slopped hood they're easy to see in front of. That last part may be happening to a lot of the larger pickups and SUVs soon, because of the goings-on lately about safety of vulnerable road users.

--
    I drive a brand new Chrysler Pacifica for work and it’s not that pretty to look at but once inside it and driving I gotta say, it’s pretty nice. It’s got a ton of comfort options and rides great.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //