--
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean View Post
    Here is the title to my PK. "MC".
    Nooice!

Attachment 233990

--
    Here is the title to my PK. "MC".
    Ok, I stand corrected on that, and I will say that when you first posted I assumed you were refering to a quad, since you said "My ohv". In any event, again, you'd have trouble on any highway with that bike due to the engine size.

I see absolutely no reason at all, other than any possible equipment violations, that you wouldn't be able to ride the pk on surface streets in Cali. Including Bob's 8th digit rule.

Surprise AZ. In the garage working on trikes.
    --
    The guy with the street legal 250r has been to a few of the races, as Manbearpig stated it was a one off situation that happened in the mid 80's. Bring your street legal trikes to California and report back your experience.

--
    The guy with the street legal 250r has been to a few of the races, as Manbearpig stated it was a one off situation that happened in the mid 80's. Bring your street legal trikes to California and report back your experience.
    Been known to do a lot of ridiculous things just because somebody told me I couldn't. Pretty sure this is going to have to be one of them.

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    I'm very much on topic Mr Clean and all of my posts, including my last, reflect that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Picture of a guy cruising his RZR (w/AZ plates) through Pacific Beach showed up on Facebook the other day in one of the local groups. Dont know how his day ended up, but i cant imagine he made it far without at least a visit from the fuzz. Hard to claim you're 'just passing through' if theres no western or southern bordering states...or even towns haha

...ok maybe you live in Yuma and are plated there and are driving through to Oregon... you'd better hope the officer(s) that stop you are in good moods

--
    In NY if you have DOT approved tires and front and rear turn signals and a dual filament bulb for runner brake light your all set.
    DMV just wants your money. Doesnt matter to me. Riding such a short wheel base on pavement with an ATC is a death wish.
    The rear end because of the solid axle makes it way to easy to flip over on its side. The rear ends on the ATC were meant to break
    loose on accel and ya just cant do that on pavement. You can do a donut burn out on a 350X on dry pavement. Whoop dee do.
    Now go out and buy new rubber, Tires are expensive. If you can rake out the front end and stretch the rear with a anti slip diffy
    then that would be best but hey $$ too much money in mods. I can just buy a trike for the road. Leahman is awsome.
    ♠ 58 ♠

▓ ▓
    Ride 3

RamsesRibb is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

Street Legal 250 in Cali?

All of the above is why I could not take living in California.
    Previously known as HighFlying101 since 2003
    I changed my email and lost my password

Current: '85 Tri-Z , '83 250r , '86 Tecate, '80 ATC110
    Prior: '85 FTZ ATC350X, '85 Tri-Z, '85 ATC200X w/ Bassani exhaust, '83 Big Red, '81 ATC185S, '79 ATC110

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/tpctrikes/

Watford city, North Dakota United States "THE BAKKEN" / Lebanon, Oregon United states.
    --
    Screw em all if I wanna ride my trike over santiam pass then by God I shall

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Saying "it's the trikes fault" is like saying "guns kill people"
    don't poke the bear... you'll get banned

--
    you guys know, if do some frame mods, install different triples, and swinger, it is not a "custom" build and you can remove the vin and get CA to issue a new Road Legal Vin as it is custom build. custom builds are treated differently...
    just a thought..

Nearly every kind of Honda ATC (plus some custom ones
    several Yami Quads (mostly custom built for MX racing)

https://www.mikesatvfix.com

"Freedom is not free...but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share."

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --

I could see that working as well Oscar.

You'd already have a street VIN with an on/off road bike and just converted it the same way Harleys and Goldwings get converted which is perfectly legal in CA. I'm not sure why I was accused of being off topic for suggesting that.

You guys may have tough cops but they still must abide by the law and they cannot revoke your registration just because "they're that bad" or "they're in a bad mood".

85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    I'm actually talking XR650L's on the street and if there's a law on differentials anywhere I challenge anyone to produce it.

I don't appreciate the attacks from Mr Clean and Glamy so it's your thread boys, keep it.

85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

Surprise AZ. In the garage working on trikes.
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    I'm actually talking XR650L's on the street and if there's a law on differentials anywhere I challenge anyone to produce it.

I don't appreciate the attacks from Mr Clean and Glamy so it's your thread boys, keep it.

LOL!! Attacks. You are delusional and if you think I attacked you then report me to the moderators or put me on ignore.

Since you are into facts here are a couple.
    Fact: The street legal trike you have was made from a machine that was manufactured to be licensed and plated to be on the street.
    Fact: All Honda "ATC's" were never manufactured to be licensed and plated for street use.
    Fact: Arizona will allow any off road machine to be made street legal, including ATC's two stroke four stroke or whatever.

Opinion: You would have a much better chance being able to ride you trike in California and is the exact reason I posted from the California DMV, and aligns with the first fact I posted.
    Opinion: A 200x that was made street legal would have a much lower chance of being able to ride in California, and aligns with my second fact.

Good for you having a street legal trike, I could have everyone in my collection as street legal due to Arizona law, it is not like some special club or group. If and whenever you get a chance to ride in California on the streets I would like to know the outcome, that would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    I'm not sure why I was accused of being off topic for suggesting that.
    You think I accused you of being off topic, sensitive much? I am actually more in favor of your trike being able to be able to legit ride in California, the topic of the thread is street legal in ATC in California, simple as that.
    Last edited by Mr. Clean; 08-15-2016 at 03:25 PM.

--

Clean I agree with every friggin thing you just said. You told me to stay on topic. Your replies directed towards me were as if you hadn't even read my posts or as if you were aligning me with what Damon said. I can speak for myself and I don't understand how I was off topic one bit.

And you're a doody head.

85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Alright who gives a flying frig! I love you all, enjoy the thread. I know nothing. Keep sitting on your hands west coast!

85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //