//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Street Legal 250 in Cali?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean View Post
    Yeah it's not like bob's wife has 35 years of experience working at the mvd.
    Plenty of DMV employees told me I couldn't get my title converted to MC in order to get MC plates. They were wrong.

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Yeah I don't aim to turn this into a disagreement or anything. I totally get Bob's point and as I said, I appreciate the California specific angle. I was told by everyone I couldn't do it either. I put it off for years because of doubt that was instilled.

That's all I'm trying to get across.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Quote Originally Posted by glamy View Post
    Hey Knappy .....would you really ride your trike on the streets of Dago ? ........jackwagons to the left of me .....jokers to right ....here i am stuck in ape sh!t city with you !!!
    I know huh. Imagine trying to navigate your 350X down the 8 or 805 with all the distracted jabronis and illegals with their selfi-sticks? Or just in town?

I agree with Bob though.........this state is bonkers. Who better to know than him who is in the know? I look at the California dmv as the terminator model 101. It can't be reasoned with...it doesn't feel pity or remorse.......and it absolutely positively will not bend the rules......ever. If the computer says "no go"......then there is no discussion....no "let's try this". It's just no.

Hey glamy....you should have seen this cool cat cruising down the street. Everyone was yelling and thumbs up. It was like he was J-LO cruising hard in the double R ....flashing them rings....with the top down yelling out "tags arnt a thang".

It would be cool for the local things and slurpee runs.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by knappyfeet View Post
    Who better to know than him who is in the know?
    You already posted a picture of a street legal atc in california. If you wanted it bad enough you could have it. I really don't know what else to say.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by BOB MARLIN View Post
    Technicaly no, you can't have a street legal one here in California. But there is some that have gotten through.
    I'm confused.

Surprise AZ. In the garage working on trikes.
    --
    http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=26294

I have an Arizona MC plate on my OHV. May I ride it on a California highway?
    No. There are a variety of motor vehicles specifically manufactured for operation off of the highways. Off-highway motorcycles, dune buggies, sand rails, and ATVs are common names as well as the vehicles with side-by-side seating for two occupants, commonly called RUV, ROHV, MUV, and UTV. A vehicle designed and manufactured for off-highway use may not be operated on a California highway even though it may be highway legal in its home state because it does not meet the federal highway safety standards for highway vehicles. The California Highway Patrol is responsible for administering the highways in the state.

--
    My full suspension PK70 is registered as street legal here in AZ.

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    However if street legal trikes, such as those ridden by fat guys on Harleys, are allowed in California then a three wheeled Honda which is already street legal from the factory and has a street title is legal as well. My XR650L conversion meets all the criteria listed thus far.

85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=26294

I have an Arizona MC plate on my OHV. May I ride it on a California highway?
    No. There are a variety of motor vehicles specifically manufactured for operation off of the highways. Off-highway motorcycles, dune buggies, sand rails, and ATVs are common names as well as the vehicles with side-by-side seating for two occupants, commonly called RUV, ROHV, MUV, and UTV. A vehicle designed and manufactured for off-highway use may not be operated on a California highway even though it may be highway legal in its home state because it does not meet the federal highway safety standards for highway vehicles. The California Highway Patrol is responsible for administering the highways in the state.
    Does your title say MC? I can almost guarantee it doesn't. I only know of 1 person that has crossed multiple state lines legally, on the highway, on his ATC. NOT a bike conversion. That guy did a lot of research and made a lot of changes to his paperwork and his bike to make that possible. That guy was told he couldn't do it by so many people he couldn't even count them.

--
    Stay on topic, this discussion is about what you can do in California. Have either of you ridden in California?

--
    My full suspension PK70 is registered as street legal here in AZ.
    While that is awesome, Mike, your pk70 doesn't have the cc required to run the highways in most states. I know this because I did enough research to make my eyes bleed. I called DMV's, highway patrol, talked to citizens, then just decided to go for it.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    However if street legal trikes, such as those ridden by fat guys on Harleys, are allowed in California then a three wheeled Honda which is already street legal from the factory and has a street title is legal as well. My XR650L conversion meets all the criteria listed thus far.

And some of the earlier conversions of Wings and HDs were solid axle as well.

--
    Stay on topic, this discussion is about what you can do in California. Have either of you ridden in California?
    The California discussion was ended with pictures of an ATC riding in Cali with plates on it. The answer is obviously yes, you can get an ATC registered to ride on the streets in California.

--
    Here is the title to my PK. "MC".
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg  

--
    Quote Originally Posted by DohcBikes View Post
    If you wanted it bad enough you could have it.
    True dat.

I'm only going to pay so much.....and get violated at the DMV so much though..........especially for a slurpee or beer run machine......just saying

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //