//ArrowChat Code
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Another one...

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by loganm View Post
    Yes of course, repeating the same mistakes, that's why I bought a silencer, that's why I'm running the stock main.
    The stock main with no silencer

Quote Originally Posted by loganm View Post
    Youre trying to help, and so is everyone else. The problem is, your advice, along with everyone else's, is contradicting. So obviously there are varied opinions on the subject. Everyone thinks they're right, everyone is an expert, and all these correct experts all have different opinions.
    There has been a consistent line of advice from multiple members in your "pistons" thread, but you're too busy being a know-it-all to pick up on it, I'll shorten it up to make it easy:

Start jetting from stock

Do your break-in with a complete, functioning exhaust

You're trying to tune a motor with an incomplete exhaust. How can you dial in your main jet without a complete, properly functioning exhaust?

4 corner scoring?

From smellslikedeath.com:

FOUR-CORNER SEIZURE

This piston has vertical seizure marks at four equally spaced points around the circumference. A four-corner seizure is caused when the piston expands faster than the cylinder and the clearance between the piston and cylinder is reduced. The main causes for this problem are too quick warm-up, too lean carb jetting (main jet), or too hot of a spark plug range.[/B]
    Quit with it until you've got a complete functioning exhaust fer facks sake.

ETA: From THIS SITE CARB JETTING 101:

Proper Jetting Procedure

The first step is to get your Main Jet dialed in. This circuit should be done first because it has a trickle down effect.

The Main Jet effects your performance most noticably at WOT. You do not fix a low throttle problem by changing your main jet. When the main is correct, there should be no sputtering or bogging at WOT.
    After your main jet is dialed in, it's time to move on to the needle.

The Needle effects performance from approximately 1/4 throttle to 2/3 throttle. If you're experiencing performance issues in this throttle range but your main jet is correct, this is where you fix it.

Now it's time to adjust the pilot jet and air screw.

This is how I adjust my pilot jet. If anyone has a better technique, chime in.

If the engine does not quickly return to idle after a good rev, it's too lean and needs a bigger pilot jet. If there's bogging when taking off or reving from idle, it's too rich. These problems can often be tuned out with the air screw.

There's a couple techniques for the pilot/air screw. One that I've heard is to set the idle somewhat high, tighten the air screw until the motor starts to die, then loosen it until it starts to die again, then set the screw right in the middle between these two points, then adjust the idle. I haven't tried that technique, personally.

The way I do it is basically by checking off idle throttle response. Adjust it both ways until you get a clean response when you stab the throttle.

When adjusting the air screw, tightening the screw is richer and loosening it is leaner. This is because tightening the screw allows less air to pass (resulting in more fuel in the mixture which = richer), loosening it lets more air through. Edit: depending on the carb, it's possible that this adjustment might be the opposite. Some experimentation will show you which way does what. The type above is the most common with 3 wheelers.

You can lead a fool to knowledge, but you can't make 'em think
    Last edited by Scootertrash; 05-26-2016 at 09:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by DohcBikes View Post
    Shut your mouth and open your ears.
    Quote Originally Posted by DohcBikes View Post
    Why doesn't anyone shut this b.s. down? Admittedly, lack of moderation is probably the only reason I'm still around, but this stuff is killing this site. It's a morgue in here, even compared to just a few years ago. There's no ebb and flow anymore, only ebb. Do something before it's too late.

To everyone contributing, rise above this trash. If I can do it, anyone can.

*snort*
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Jd110 View Post
    Good morning guys. Wanted to give you a few words of my own: friendliness & respect. I really like this site. But now when I see these comments it's like a stinky stench surrounds this place.
    Admittedly, I've been a culprit and soon learning by a few members here(I'm indebted to)something not about trikes. How to treat people on the internet. It CAN be how you treat your Neibor, friends & family. I don't do Facebook, so this is it.
    One more thing. 30 years ago growing up here population was 20k we saw someone, even another town, stick an arm out to say hi. Nowadays at 60k +, if you did that folk would hit the brakes wondering what's wrong. Some locals are getting a bad attitude and resentful. Seems a little of that is happening here. For at least the sake of this site and the ones involved .

Good day to you guys,David
    Captain Compression brought all of this on himself.

Friendliness and respect are reciprocal things. If you treat people like crap you don't make friends. Respect is earned, not given.

Logjam came here as a noob and asked advice, then sh!t on everybody who gave him the proper advice to his problems. If that's not disrespectful I don't know what is. You reap what you sow. F'n millenials seem to think they DESERVE respect. I got news for ya, you need to earn it just like everybody has in the past.

For the most part this site is very nice and personable. The 1% of threads that end up going like this are not going to flush this site down the crapper. Do we have spirited differences of opinion sometimes? You bet we do! Everybody on this site has at least ONE THING IN COMMON: Three Wheelers. After that all bets are off because everybody has different likes and dislikes for other things in life. we're gonna give each other sh!t from time to time and I'll guarantee you that the members of 3WW will make sure that a-holes, d-bags, and Richard Craniums are made to toe the line. The members here do a pretty good job of policing the site.

Pandering to the lowest common denominator is not beneficial to the site nor does it accomplish anything positive. Neither does making them appear to be a "victim".

Your Mileage May Vary. Have A Pleasant evening.

--
    " Let it blow, let it blow, the rest of us still know......."
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

82 250r is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    You are riding it without a silencer, & without being broken in & you wonder why it is showing signs of a cold seize.
    You are repeating the same mistakes...& I don't know why.

My favorite part is when you ask Bill "where are you getting this information" THAT tells everyone here that you don't get it and you're not willing to learn from those who have "been there and done that"

At some point you need to stop doing what makes "sense" to you & learn from those who have already made the mistakes.
    Last edited by 82 250r; 05-26-2016 at 10:39 PM.

loganm is offline Competing with a gnat in reading comprehension. Current winner: Gnat. Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    The purpose of a silencer is just that, SILENCE. That's the purpose of a silencer on a 2 stroke. You know what an FMF shorty looks like? It's barely 6" long. It's only there to silence.

82 250r is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    ^ok_______

--
    Scooter-fair enough

Watford city, North Dakota United States "THE BAKKEN" / Lebanon, Oregon United states.
    --
    I second that ^^ok______

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Saying "it's the trikes fault" is like saying "guns kill people"
    don't poke the bear... you'll get banned

Watford city, North Dakota United States "THE BAKKEN" / Lebanon, Oregon United states.
    --
    Anyone else get their PM molested like i did? Some weirdo with username loganm keeps sending me spam...:

tripledog is offline I could be geriatricdog... at my age Got the holeshot
    --
    I think you have the ultra rare Pirate Edition, otherwise known as a 250 RRRRRRRR. Thar she blows. AGAIN.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by tripledog View Post
    I think you have the ultra rare Pirate Edition, otherwise known as a 250 RRRRRRRR. Thar she blows. AGAIN.
    Lol you need to get your own comedy show

loganm is offline Competing with a gnat in reading comprehension. Current winner: Gnat. Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	65 
Size:	2.30 MB 
ID:	232138

I took a few pictures I forgot about. None of these marks were there when I got it, the flash makes them look like actual scratches, but I can't feel them. They are not nearly as visible in person. The piston doesn't have any marks I could see through the exhaust port.

--
    I keep getting spam from loganm...

tripledog is offline I could be geriatricdog... at my age Got the holeshot
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by AK47KID View Post
    I keep getting spam from loganm...

At least you don't have Monty Python after you.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/video...pe=agc511&tt=b

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //