//ArrowChat Code

Thread: tri z shock with 250r spring

pcs is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --

tri z shock with 250r spring

so i was trying to play with my stock tri z rear shock buy swapping rear springs. i easily bottom out the rear end with i catch some air. currently the rear marvin shaw shock is working well but its to too stiff for close choppy whoops. i tried a banshee rear spring, no change and a shorty spring off a zilla rear shock but the rear end sat too low and the front will wheelie more than i want it too. i currently swapped in an 85 250r rear spring but havent tried it out yet, the honda spring has an extra full turn so im hoping i could run the stock shock and not bottom out so easy. my question is has anyone else tried this or ran springs off other machines that work. i plan on switching to an elka rear but not till im done paying my tuition for the semester.
    Team Blue: 85 Tri-z 250: under the knife
    Team Red: 87 Trx250r 01Cr80 15 CBR600RR
    Team Yellow: 06 Ltr450 11 Hayabusa

--
    Have you checked the nitrogen pressure in the reservoir to see if that is low?
    Unless you're a big guy then i dont think that it should bottom out with a stock spring
    Sorry I don't know if a 250r spring will work
    1983 212x "Mickey Dunlap" Powroll TT Trike -Blue frame, Supertrapp (looking for a Powroll DD), WEB Stage II cam, Powroll 6mm stroker, Wiseco 10.25:1 piston stock bore, ported, polished, +2 Swinger,White low-pros and 250R front fender, BAPP rear shock, Powroll Decals, NOS Carlisle R/A's

Gone:
    '83 185s, '86 200x, '70's Full Suspension Hi-Performance ATC RD400,

--
    Are you running an extended swingarm? My stock z shock just cut it with the preload cranked down and the compression and rebound set as hard and slow as it would go with 190psi and 5at oil (I would recomend 10wt). It did blow the seal out as soon as I mounted a longer swing arm, definatly intrested to see what you find with an R spring..was eyeing up a 200x spring I have.
    1985 Tri-Z-

Quote Originally Posted by mywifeknowseverything
    Just hit the Freakin Gas and Hold on!!!!!

--
    havent checked the pressure yet, does the reservoir have a shrader type valve under the screw? im not a heavy person, about 175#. the r spring fits easily so it wont be hard to swap it out if it doesnt work out. i would like to go run on the az cycle park this weekend so it would be a good place to check out how it responds to jumps.

--
    No schrader valve , has a rubber filling valve..like a football, you need the proper tool to check/fill. Pop it off and take it to your local shop have them check it out.
    1985 Tri-Z-

Quote Originally Posted by mywifeknowseverything
    Just hit the Freakin Gas and Hold on!!!!!

--
    thx mts, just hope this valve hasnt rotted dry

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //