//ArrowChat Code

Thread: What do I use to reglue the seat foam to the pan?

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --

What do I use to reglue the seat foam to the pan?

Recovering the seat on my 200S (plastic pan) what do I use to reglue the foam to the pan? 3M Super 77? Some other adhesive?
    Thanks!

--
    Super 90 at the minimum...spray both sides, let sit for 30 sec before you put them together.

Mosh is offline I'm the one with all the 2 stroke around here! The day begins with 3WW
    --
    DO NOT USE ANYTHING..Especially on the top. It will ruin your foam for future recovering.

The factory only used a trim adhesive on the bottom to keep the foam from seperating at the factory from the pan as it was moved around before the cover was installed. It is not needed for foams that are form fitted to the pan.

Just set the foam on and recover it.
    Here is where my long useless list of stuff nobody cares about should go...

Proudly NOT a member of

"Team on the Teat"

--
    ...I hope you werent' planning on putting any on the top...you did just plan on securing the foam to the pan correct? Anyway...you should listen to Mosh...he knows his seats!!!

--
    So, errr, uhmm; Covering the top of my pan with welwood contact cement was a bad idea? Ooops

Oh ell.......
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

rodeofan5656 is offline Girlfriend wishes I'd last longer than 8 seconds Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    on youtube, theres a video i watched when i was workin on my Honda Rebel bobber project. the guy took a seat pan and glued the foam to it. you can get the aerosol adhesive, almost like spray paint. it works pretty good. i wonder if the automotive headliner adhesive will work?

heres the video--- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmLqFimNDbQ (used google chrome. let me know if the link doesnt work)

1986 Honda ATC200X
    2005 Yamaha Road Star 1700
    ToyHauler- 1998 Ram 3500 5.9L Turbo Diesel

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Thanks rodeo, but I think I'll stick with Moshs advice, since he be the king of the seat recoverers

rodeofan5656 is offline Girlfriend wishes I'd last longer than 8 seconds Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    alright, thats fine! i was just givin ideas

1986 Honda ATC200X
    2005 Yamaha Road Star 1700
    ToyHauler- 1998 Ram 3500 5.9L Turbo Diesel

--
    New foam helps allot.

The majority of our trikes have OEM covers/foam, and under that there the foam has been degrading.
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //