//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ATC 250r Pipe Idenity?

mrtwidster1 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --

ATC 250r Pipe Idenity?

I bought this pipe off ebay. The seller does not know what brand it is. It looks to be a hand coned pipe except for the the inlet neck which appears to be stamped. I have not recieved this pipe yet. When I get it I will take more detailed Pics.
    I have checked the 250r pipe thread on .ORG and it does not quite match any of the pics I have seen there.
    So can anyone help me Identify this pipe and if so can you tell me the characteristics of it. Low Mid Top ect.. The silencer is supposed to be an Answer
    Thanks

--
    maybe a Jemco not to sure
    1985 200X
    66mm H&S Piston
    Little Bit Bigger Cam
    Bassani Exhaust

1985 350X With Bassani Exhaust

1983 Honda 200E (PARTING OUT!!!!)

1985 Yamaha Tri-Zinger

My Feedback Threadhttp://http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php?105185-Feedback-for-RodKnockRacing&highlight=RodKnockRacing

--
    The silencer looks alot like a CT or an FTZ......though I know that doesn't necessarily help much in identifying the pipe.
    '84 ATC70.....my 8-y.o. son's ride

--
    I have a decent pic of what is supposed to be a Jemco and this pipe is close in appearence, but the stingers are not quite the same. Thanks
    Here is the pic of the supposed Jemco.

--
    Uh, if I am not mistaken you bought it right??? Who cares who made it? mount it, jett it and ride!!! Hopefully it will really rippp!!!

WTF! ??? : )

--
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathandexter View Post
    Uh, if I am not mistaken you bought it right??? Who cares who made it?
    I care who made it or I would not have posted the Question. I am a 50 year old man that has learned that it is ALWAYS better to ASK first and comment later. I have learned that there are ALOT of people that are willing to give informative information about things if they are only asked in a kind way.
    Though research I am hoping to find someone that may have some experience with this paticular pipe.Then maybe I can get a base line Idea what I am working with. Hence LOW, MID,or High performance range.
    These ATC forums are a wealth of information, many thanks to all that contribute.

--
    I recall what was listed as a coffmans on ebay that looked like that, just throwing it out there. Might not be, but maybe it is. Ive learned that there are ALOT of diff companies that made these, including some that were a one-off that never caught on. Ive got 2 that are unidentifiable.

--
    It looks like it will have a well rounded mid range by how the cones are set up. The silencer almost looks like the old style Pro-Circuit 304, though those were more dirt bike oriented.
    You will cry, you will scream if you've heard half the **** I've seen.
    Are you gonna get up and burn an X in your head?
    "Cut throught the bone and cut through the wire"
    Trikes:
    84&85 Tecates
    85 R
    85 X
    Support Scrapthraher Customs!!! Home of the Three Wheel Outlaws! PM me if you need a head rebuilt, valves cut, head milled or lapped!!!!!

Racerguy381 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Trikes
    1985 Tri-Z 250 Piped ported and PV'd
    1985 ATC 250R trail destroyer!
    1984 ATC 70 rebuilding
    1982 ATC 70 stut wheeler drag bar an cooler rack equipped
    1973 ATC 70 searching for parts...
    Bikes
    2006 KLX110 BBR160 Super R head ported BBR Super Pro rear swingarm ect...
    1988 KX500 The Beast!
    1986 KX540 In search of parts!!! Help if you have some
    1982 CR480 Unlimited Evo Racer
    1982 CR125 Unlimited Evo Racer
    1982 YZ100 cheater bike...
    1981 KX250 Unlimited money pit Evo Racer

Racerguy381 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Your silencer is most likely a Bills the pipe might be as well. I have a Jemco on my 250R its close to what you ahve there but the part where it meets the silencer is different. Also the head pipe is double flanged where is slips on the exhaust flange. Check a few of these things out maybe it will help determine who made it.
    Trikes
    1985 Tri-Z 250 Piped ported and PV'd
    1985 ATC 250R trail destroyer!
    1984 ATC 70 rebuilding
    1982 ATC 70 stut wheeler drag bar an cooler rack equipped
    1973 ATC 70 searching for parts...
    Bikes
    2006 KLX110 BBR160 Super R head ported BBR Super Pro rear swingarm ect...
    1988 KX500 The Beast!
    1986 KX540 In search of parts!!! Help if you have some
    1982 CR480 Unlimited Evo Racer
    1982 CR125 Unlimited Evo Racer
    1982 YZ100 cheater bike...
    1981 KX250 Unlimited money pit Evo Racer

--
    one thing o remember since I just talked to Jemco 3 days ago they custom build the pipe to what you ask for whether it be mid to top , all around or full on drag pipe, it is definintely a custom pipe either way and jettin will take time and patience, but once you get it dialed in it should rip, but it is most definitely a custom hand built pipe

--
    Up dated Pics! Notice the inlet. This pipe has only one stamped section and it is the inlet. The Inlet also looks to go up onside the flange like the selveys but it does not stick out beyond the outer flange. The Spring eyelets are flat like washers but not really washers either. So what do you guys think? Selveys? Jemco?

Silencer

--
    Make that Maybe 16 hand coned sections! Just noticed the 2 at the stinger bend. Looks to me like someone took some time on building this Pipe. I will get a ride report later in the week. Thanks

--
    It's a very nice example of craftsmanship regardless of a positive i.d. Most, if not all of the old 2stroke pipes were geared toward elevating the rpm range up. This of course varied greatly on your state of tune up. Ignition, carb, intake, porting etc... Stock exhausts on 2stroke 3wheelers were very conservative to develop low rpm torque with small carbs and conservative port layout. Plus, built with double wall construction to cancell out the clash of exhaust waves that create the metallic idle quality we love so much. Which is allowed to be transmitted through, by having a clean, thin walled accessory pipe.

--
    Coooool...

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //