//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 250 sx questions

--

Angry 250 sx questions

i recently bought a 1985 250sx. the kickstart almost never catches does anyone know exactly what that would be? also when im riding it and really give it some it seems like the rearend or tranny makes a crunching noise but olny for a second and not all the time. any ideas what my problem could be?

matt86200x is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Check your rear hubs, if you drive long enough with them loose they will get stripped. Might also wreck the axle if you leave it and abuse it.
    85 250sx
    86 300es in the making
    86 200x
    86 350x

--
    I'm not sure about the crunching noise, but as for the kickstart, there is a one way bearing inside the kickstart assembly that has worn out. This is common on the SX. I had the same problem, and I ordered it and replaced the part. Now the kick starter grabs every time.

You can tell if it's the one way bearing. When you shut down the engine, if you hear a whirring noise that continues after the engine stops, that's the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    God knows they're not looking to make any effort to do anything, never mind move their foot to shift. If there was something that dispensed Cheetos every time they shifted that might be a different story. Welcome to America, where the biggest is best and even fat people who are too lazy to shift can climb a mountain.

--
    The 250 also when you shift down from neutral it goes right into reverse without pulling the cable. the cable feels frozen and i have a new one i think it might be the problem. anyone else had this problem?

--
    Um the 250 2 strokes dont have a one way bearing and they seem to go as well. I was told that it is the smaller kicker spring has wore out.
    The Green No More Red EVER EVER EVER AGAIN!!!!!!!
    1985 KXT 250 Tecate
    1984 KXT 250 Tecate Parts machine
    1985 KXT 250 Tecate My vintage racer
    1983 KX 250
    Proud member of
    3wheelerworld.com
    3wheeler.org
    Planettrike.com
    Airfoolers.com
    http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/s...ad.php?t=80907

--
    All you need is that bearing, it's in the centrifical clutch....

If it went bad for too long, you also need the piece it grabs onto.

Piece o cake.......
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankencelery View Post
    You can tell if it's the one way bearing. When you shut down the engine, if you hear a whirring noise that continues after the engine stops, that's the problem.
    I always wondered what that noise was. Good info. Where's that thumbs up button??

--
    Quote Originally Posted by rodneyplaisted View Post
    The 250 also when you shift down from neutral it goes right into reverse without pulling the cable. the cable feels frozen and i have a new one i think it might be the problem. anyone else had this problem?
    check on the right side of the engine just above the footpeg, on the back/bottom of the engine. there is a lever it is for reverse. the PO of my bike didnt buy a new cable so he just drove a stick under it so it was always engaged. check for things like that
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder"

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //