//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 350x rebuild questions

--

350x rebuild questions

well i tore down the x cause it was smoking pretty bad and i am replacing all the valves, exhaust valve guides and putting a new piston in it. my question is that my new exhaust valve guides need reamed. i looked and a reamer using the honda part number is 80 bucks and i dont really want to spend that much money for something i may never use again. so any input on where i can get one or if someone has one i can buy or anything helpful would be greatly appreciated
    85 350x
    84 225dx (mint)
    81 yz60 (bumble bee)

--
    I would just but a metric reamer. BUT, you need to know the exact size it should be......

I imagine thats a pretty good fit, maybe only .005mm or .0025mm?? guessing here..... (in other words, not allot of clearance) over the stem diameter. I'd call a shop that does valves and ask some questions.

Reamers cost under 20$ MSC sells them............
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    its 5.5mm reamer and i beleive its .002 clearance but ill have to look it up again
    85 350x
    84 225dx (mint)
    81 yz60 (bumble bee)

--
    Just an example:

http://www1.mscdirect.com/CGI/GSDRVS...00000120516658

I like spiral cut reamers, they cut smoother. It will be your job to ream it thru the guide in line.......

There are carbide reamers, adjustable reamers, you name it - it's in MSC or other suppliers. I wonder if the Honda tool has something to help it self center or something?? I'm sure those guides are hard as rocks

Carbide - http://www1.mscdirect.com/CGI/GSDRVS...00000120516704

In case you haven't worked with the stuff, carbide breaks very easy. I'd want to set it up in my mill, get it rippin and lube that puppy up......
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //