PDA

View Full Version : Pics as requested of one of my rides Stroked ATC90

shortline10
07-07-2009, 08:11 PM
This is my 1978 atc90 .Not positive but I think this is a sprint frame +3" as you can see from the pics its not finished yet but will be soon . Motor is a Helm & son 180cc beast with a star burst cylinder and long 61mm stroker spacer . Roller bearing High lift cam and larger valves . BAPP long intake manifold and 26mm carb . BAPP crank case breather . Crome JSC pipe . Front suspension is from Hi preformance ATC from back in the day . Lots of crome extras . Tank still needs a paint job . Cut out quick change sprocket cover and tranny from a sl90 . Lots more to much to list . Will list more pics if this works of my other rides soon . This is my first try at this .

Mosh
07-07-2009, 08:13 PM
That thing is the cat's meow..Nice

Kerick
07-07-2009, 08:13 PM
that is awesome!

Macs
07-07-2009, 08:14 PM
I love it, wait to veal see's it!!!

Vealmonkey
07-07-2009, 08:25 PM
That is choice! I've been trying to bug him and get him to post some pictures. This is the kind of thing I really dig on. If you are sitting on a bunch of these parts, we are going to have to talk. I can't wait to see more. Welcome to the site and keep 'em coming. Great stuff. I know Tommy Gaian will dig on these if he sees him. This is how all the old racers got started. This is the real trike racing history here. This is the kind of stuff they ran before there was a 185 or a 250r. Beautiful, simply beautiful. That's the pull starter cover I've been looking for! Please say you have another, or 5 others and sell me 1 or 2.

shortline10
07-07-2009, 08:29 PM
I bought a pile of atc90 parts from tommy gain including his original nicholson atc 90frame he raced back in the 70s

Billy Golightly
07-07-2009, 08:31 PM
Those front triple clamps are the EXACT same design as the Laegers CR500/ATC250R conversion clamps I have. Awesome stuff.

Shortline, we need to get something scheduled and have you come up to Ocala for a flat track and TT race sometime! I haven't been out there for about a year now, I'm way overdue and it'd be great to have someone to ride with again.

harryredtrike
07-07-2009, 08:33 PM
wow,very nice job.cant wait till she's done

shortline10
07-07-2009, 08:38 PM
More pics of the stroked sprint

shortline10
07-07-2009, 08:52 PM
Here are some more pics of another one of my rides . Has a pauter built 180cc motor very fast . Pk manifold , pauter cylinder and stroker large valves roller HP cam . sl90 tranny but the cover wasnt cut out just welded up . PCCC front suspension kit , nicholson +2 frame . 24mm mikuni , Bassani pipe . lots more .

somekidwithanm4
07-07-2009, 09:14 PM
Nice! Where'xd you get that speedo on the red one?

HondaHarry
07-07-2009, 09:15 PM
nice! those are too cool. I wrote Pauter an email a long time ago
asking them if they had any frames or engine parts kicking around...
(still in business, but building flat 4 aircooled engines of their own design)

The person who wrote me back, Don?... , was impressed that someone remembered their trike days. But was sorry to tell me that all that stuff was thrown out years ago, and they didnt think anyone would be asking for it so many years later. :) HH

shortline10
07-07-2009, 09:20 PM
The speedo was made by maier in the early 1980s very hard to find part .

Dirtcrasher
07-07-2009, 09:22 PM
OMG!! Sorry to sound like an excited little schoolgirl but that that thing screams and says NASTY!!!!!!!!!!

I wish your pics were bigger but it still looks SAWEEEEET!

Nice trike bud, I love it......

WWW.Photobucket.com is easy and fee to use and then you can insert full size pics instantly.....

outtaline
07-07-2009, 09:23 PM
Nice rides, man those are fn sick I wanna see the klt 110.

shortline10
07-07-2009, 09:25 PM
Pauter stuff is very hard to come by . I have a NOS pauter Cylinder and piston kit still . JUST IN CASE !!!!!

Vealmonkey
07-07-2009, 09:26 PM
I gotta clean my monitor now! LOL No Rutt Ryder front end? I sold one of those to trizilla. Man, love those pauter cylinders. I lost a bid on one of those about a year and a half ago. Kicked myself in the butt for the longest time. Too bad bandito 90 isn't on here right now. Blue27 and I have helped him get his joker framed 90 going. I know he'll be diggin on this when he sees it. CL90, Sl90, these are the things I'm talking about. No oil coolers? Do you run these trikes very often? Man it makes me sentimental to see an old timers race meet, now wouldn't that just beat all? Have you Howdys' magazine trike? He has the original 3 wheeling project trike with original paint and eveything. Do a search for the magazine project trike. It just doesn't hardly get any better than this. What all kinds of parts are you sitting on? You want to get rid of anything?

shortline10
07-07-2009, 09:27 PM
I cropped the pic at 250pix . Can they be bigger??

Bryan Raffa
07-07-2009, 09:36 PM
bigger pics please!!

shortline10
07-07-2009, 09:37 PM
I have atc90 oil coolers , I just dont like the look of them . I just dont ride them too hard and heat um up so They sit in dormant waiting for me to install them one day . What parts do you need ? I have tons but you might get my first born before I let any thing go ?

shortline10
07-07-2009, 09:49 PM
Larger Pics but they are fuzzy I think .

shortline10
07-07-2009, 09:51 PM
I tryed to make the pics bigger but it wont let me ??

joshco84
07-07-2009, 10:22 PM
i would take and load the pics onto photobucket.com

works best for me

Dirtcrasher
07-07-2009, 10:23 PM
They aren't big enough to see, but the tank screams "HURRICANE HANNAH" :lol:

Vealmonkey
07-07-2009, 11:19 PM
You just have to play around a little bit to find what works best. Different cameras can have a different sweet spot. Also all the "shiney" can throw the camera off a bit. I really have been looking for one of those ribbed recoil cases for along time though. I just recently picked up a nice little cam complete with the roller bearing dirt cheap! Did you find my aluminum frame yet? Here is a pic.

shortline10
07-07-2009, 11:40 PM
The finned recoil cover is a nice piece of bling but its the only one I have . Nice alum frame . I did a search and seen many of your builds and their awesome . I know a guy here is south Florida that has a full suspension 90 frame . He told me to make him an offer on it but I just haven't jumped on it . I have a feeling he wants big bucks for it though .

shortline10
07-07-2009, 11:46 PM
Hey I just noticed that if I turn my pop up blocker off and click on the new larger pics it does make the pics larger . I need to redo the pic though because they got fuzzy because I've cropped them too many times .

dcreel
07-07-2009, 11:49 PM
If I was you I would open a photobucket account and post your pics from there. Super simple and the pictures normally come out great. Oh yeah.. Thank you for the pictures.

ParrotGreenUS90
07-08-2009, 12:27 PM
Those are some great machines, post more about them along with larger pictures. What is the inside of the bottom ends like, I notice you are not running the manual clutch. Very nice machines that need to be chatted about.

shortline10
07-08-2009, 03:03 PM
I do have an SL90 manual clutch and cover I can install on the sprint and prob will . I just want to get the trike up and running before I do any motor mods . Will take some new pic later today and list them .

greenhuman
07-09-2009, 05:43 AM
In 1980 I imported two Pauter 180cc kits. 61mm cranks, 61mm high top Venolia forged piston kits with the Pauter cylinders, 30mm inlet valved heads with rollers each end of the hot cams, 28mm Keihin methonal carbs and manifolds.
These things run like you wouldn't believe. Neck and neck with air cooled 250R's.
I still have a heap of Nos Pauter and Helm and Son cylinders and stroker cranks.
In 1982 I went to Pauter's and went thru their factory and there was still a heap of parts kicking around. This was just after Ace Williams had his big crash and this took the wind out of their sails I think.

Vealmonkey
07-09-2009, 05:57 AM
You've been holding out on me for 90 parts? Oh man, what now? I guess we'll have to talk some more. I didn't know you were sitting on 90 stuff. My poor credit card. LOL

shortline10
07-09-2009, 04:17 PM
My Motor in the nicholson red 90 was built by BOB (ace) Williams . Your not kidding when you say it will keep up with a 250r because mine is wicked fast . When I got the motor I tore it down and installed new rings to freshen it up a bit . It has the Venolia very high dome piston in it . You have to pull the recoil to the top of the compression stroke and hold on tight when starting because if you slip it hurts and can put a dent in the tank very easy HAHA . Here are better larger pics of the ACE motor . IF YOU HAVE ANY PAUTER CYLINDERS AND VENOLIA PISTONS ID BE INTERESTED ALSO .

Vealmonkey
07-09-2009, 05:48 PM
You need to lower those fork legs down in the triples some, you won't like that handling at all the way they are. Also, you need to vent the upper valve cover and then run that vent line back to you vented dipstick and have a "T" to tie them together to vent all that turbulent air in the head and engine case. If not, you could start having alot of oil leaking past your gaskets and seals. Also, where is your deadmans' switch? Any good racer needs a deadmans' switch. If you're flattracking, you need to lower those trikes down some also with some lower profile rubber. Those are sweet machines though. I bet we could chew the fat for hours over some building techniques.

shortline10
07-09-2009, 06:06 PM
That's a great idea about venting the valve cover and case breather together . I need to do that on my ACE motor because if I run it hard it seeps oil at the timing gear cover . Got any sugestions on how to vent the valve cover ?

Vealmonkey
07-09-2009, 06:46 PM
It's pretty easy, just drill and tap for a 90 degree or 45 degree fitting that is the same size as the outlet on the vented dipstick. Then you just need to get a "T" the same size. You turn your dipstick outlet around so it is a straight shot to the "T" and then you just run a long piece back past your rear tires and axle and that pretty much covers it. I can't remember what size fitting comes out of the vented dipstick but it's pretty easy to do. We had the fittings at work, so zero cost. Thankfully work has donated many bits and pieces to all my builds and the machinist have helped me make parts before also.

the great gazoo
07-09-2009, 07:03 PM
Wow! I just came across this! Pat, go take a shower:lol: :lol: :lol: :lock: :lock:

harryredtrike
07-09-2009, 08:18 PM
very very cool,nice job on the redo's[both].like the red one best sofar.keep up the good work.