curtis slawson
07-05-2009, 12:49 PM
hello i have a tri moto 200

when i give it half gas it boggs really bad

iv brought it to a repair place they have done vales brand new carb etc

and it still boggs they said they cant find whats wrong with the 3 wheeler

so what should i try i can get a video if needed and help will work

here a video of what it dose

View My Video (http://tinypic.com/r/264jmsx/5)

shortline10
07-05-2009, 01:10 PM
Check and make sure the exhaust is not choking the motor blocked with oil , metal corn cob EXC . Could also be timing problems or the timing advancer is stuck?

curtis slawson
07-05-2009, 02:16 PM
Check and make sure the exhaust is not choking the motor blocked with oil , metal corn cob EXC . Could also be timing problems or the timing advancer is stuck?

hey i jsut took the muffler off and it still boggs what timming doing i gotta do

cam timming? or ighition timming

shortline10
07-05-2009, 04:02 PM
I'm not yamaha expert but a honda 4 stroke uses a timing advancer and when you let them sit for a while the advancer gets stuck somtimes and wont let it rev up . find the advancer and check it .

curtis slawson
07-05-2009, 04:32 PM
I'm not yamaha expert but a honda 4 stroke uses a timing advancer and when you let them sit for a while the advancer gets stuck somtimes and wont let it rev up . find the advancer and check it .

where is the advancer located ?

Yamada
07-05-2009, 04:57 PM

The yamaha ytm-200 don't have an advancer like the atc-200 do. I 99% sure it is the CDI that control the spark advance.

curtis slawson
07-05-2009, 07:19 PM
here a video of what it dose

here a viedo (http://tinypic.com/r/264jmsx/5)

Bryan Raffa
07-05-2009, 07:22 PM
carb , carb , carb.... clean it ,,Im thinkin your pilot is clogged

curtis slawson
07-05-2009, 07:24 PM
carb , carb , carb.... clean it ,,Im thinkin your pilot is clogged
the 3 wheeler has brand new jets and carb. its was in the repair shop for 1 month they said they couldnt find the problem.

Lukeatc185
07-05-2009, 07:34 PM
it really does sound like its a fuel issue, it may have a clean carb new jets or pilot, but did you check your pet cock, is there a fuel filter installed. maybe the lines somewhat clogged? it just sounds like its not sucking in enough petro when you give it gas..

shortline10
07-05-2009, 08:15 PM
After listening to the video it sounds like the main jet is not working at all . Defiantly carb related . I had a main jet unscrew once and it sat in the bottom of the float bowl and it acted the same way .

curtis slawson
07-05-2009, 08:24 PM
it really does sound like its a fuel issue, it may have a clean carb new jets or pilot, but did you check your pet cock, is there a fuel filter installed. maybe the lines somewhat clogged? it just sounds like its not sucking in enough petro when you give it gas..

tryed that and hooked the gas line into a other gas tank still bogs could the cdi box do this ?

curtis slawson
07-05-2009, 09:36 PM
ehhh guess its going to the dump witch kinda sucks

1984ATC200S
07-05-2009, 09:51 PM
do not take it to the dump, so many people, bring stuff through work(junk yard) to get rid of it, sell it cheap or give it to somebody, kijjij works great put up a take it away free add, just don't take it to the dump, somebody somewhere wants it i garinente it

curtis slawson
07-05-2009, 10:06 PM
do not take it to the dump, so many people, bring stuff through work(junk yard) to get rid of it, sell it cheap or give it to somebody, kijjij works great put up a take it away free add, just don't take it to the dump, somebody somewhere wants it i garinente it

ye thats true . im gunn try few more things befor i sell it or give it away. still

looking for any hints or help plz .i would love too ride this thing there badass

stoney420
07-05-2009, 10:23 PM
it doesnt have a fuel filter on the gas line?

thew47
07-05-2009, 10:29 PM
I am by no means an expert, especially on carbs, but I would double check the carb. Is it a pretty reputable shop? If it is a brand spanking new carb, then I would try ot do some adjusting on it. If it is just a newly rebuilt carb, then I would check back into it. I am assuming the trike has been sitting up for a while?

curtis slawson
07-05-2009, 10:31 PM
it doesnt have a fuel filter on the gas line?

nope but i dont think a gas filter would make it bogg but i will get one if it run good

and also the repair place said they tryed 4 or 5 driffernt carbs on it too and it would still bog

here watch the viedo and see

stoney420
07-05-2009, 10:34 PM
gas line isnt plugged up with rust etc from bottom of tank?

curtis slawson
07-05-2009, 10:36 PM
gas line isnt plugged up with rust etc from bottom of tank?

nope band new gas line . iv even tryed fillin the gas line with gass and then taking it off of the gas tank and still dose the same thing

Dirtcrasher
07-05-2009, 10:41 PM
and also the repair place said they tryed 4 or 5 driffernt carbs on it too and it would still bog

here watch the viedo and see

WHAT good repair shop "TRIES" 4 or 5 different carbs?? That in itself terrifies me!! Do they specialize in Briggs and Stratton?? :lol:

Wouldn't ONE!, PROPERLY REBUILT CARB by a reputable shop tell them enough?

Glad to know they touched valves, that ought to be just ducky :rolleyes:

It's probably a simple problem that's being overlooked......

curtis slawson
07-05-2009, 10:44 PM
WHAT good repair shop "TRIES" 4 or 5 different carbs?? That in itself terrifies me. Do they specialize in Briggs and Stratton?? :lol:

Wouldn't ONE, rebuilt carb by a reputable shop tell them enough?

Glad to know they touched valves, that ought to be just ducky :rolleyes:

It's probably a simple problem that is overlooked.

ye it kinda scard me too it was in there for a month too could a cdi box cause this problem too?

stoney420
07-05-2009, 10:45 PM
water in the gas?
intake boot maybe clogged with a mouse nest or something?
i still think it has to be something fuel related..
it will idle all day without a problem?

Dirtcrasher
07-05-2009, 10:48 PM
WTF, Just TRY 4 or 5 CDI boxes :lol:

Bring it back to Bozo's Bike Barn :D

curtis slawson
07-05-2009, 10:52 PM
water in the gas?
intake manifold maybe clogged with a mouse nest or something?
i still think it has to be something fuel related..
it will idle all day without a problem?

it will idle great and drive good too. but its when i give it gass it boggs ill check the intake tomrrow see how that is .

thew47
07-05-2009, 10:53 PM
as soon as I read that, tried a couple of carbs, that is what made me wonder.

curtis slawson
07-05-2009, 10:57 PM
plz dont give me Sarcasm im just tryin to ask for help

thew47
07-05-2009, 11:01 PM
Not trying to give ya sarcasm. I worked for a ATV/Motorcycle shop a few years ago, that said they new what they were doing, but most of the technicians were just part swappers. Needless to say, I did not stay there long. I think it is in the carb. I know how it can be frustrating not being able to pinpoint a problem.

curtis slawson
07-05-2009, 11:09 PM
Not trying to give ya sarcasm. I worked for a ATV/Motorcycle shop a few years ago, that said they new what they were doing, but most of the technicians were just part swappers. Needless to say, I did not stay there long. I think it is in the carb. I know how it can be frustrating not being able to pinpoint a problem.

just what i wanted to hear thxs

can some one give me a big list of thing i could check on the 3 wheeler ? plz

stoney420
07-05-2009, 11:12 PM
did you get the wheeler like this or you had it when it was running good?
the only other thing i can think is that theres so much crud in the bottom of that tank that it plugged the jets up again and again, i assume you have taken the carb back off to make sure it stayed clean?
i really dont think its spark related but im sure you have put a new plug in for the hell of it? i forget what there called but get one of those sparkplug lights that connect to the sparkplug and the sparkplug cap so you can run the wheeler with the light hooked up and make sure its getting good spark the whole time..
if all is good there then maybe take it to a REAL atv shop? im completely out of suggestions but good luck.. be sure to let us know what it was when u figure it out

curtis slawson
07-05-2009, 11:14 PM
did you get the wheeler like this or you had it when it was running good?
the only other thing i can think is that theres so much crud in the bottom of that tank that it plugged the jets up again and again, i assume you have taken the carb back off to make sure it stayed clean?
i really dont think its spark related but im sure you have put a new plug in for the hell of it? i forget what there called but get one of those sparkplug lights that connect to the sparkplug and the sparkplug cap so you can run the wheeler with the light hooked up and make sure its getting good spark the whole time..
if all is good there then maybe take it to a REAL atv shop? im completely out of suggestions but good luck.. be sure to let us know what it was when u figure it out

my buddy use to own this we were drivein it in his back yard one day in the summer then we stoped drivin it then went into eat. then we went back out side to drive and it would just bogg this was like 3 years ago .

thew47
07-05-2009, 11:15 PM
I am sure it is good, but make sure you have a good air filter, not one that is covered in dirt. As for the card, is does not tak much for there to be problems with it. Even one little itty bitty hole stopped up, and it won't run right at all. Also, tuning the carb, there could be an issue there witht he right mixture. Get a clear glass, and fill some fuel into it from the gas tank. Look for trash (dirt), or water - which will be seperate from the gas, usually small bubbles in the bottom of the fuel. That a good small start to finding the prob

curtis slawson
07-05-2009, 11:16 PM
I am sure it is good, but make sure you have a good air filter, not one that is covered in dirt. As for the card, is does not tak much for there to be problems with it. Even one little itty bitty hole stopped up, and it won't run right at all. Also, tuning the carb, there could be an issue there witht he right mixture. Get a clear glass, and fill some fuel into it from the gas tank. Look for trash (dirt), or water - which will be seperate from the gas, usually small bubbles in the bottom of the fuel. That a good small start to finding the prob

iv tooknig all the old gas out let the take dry up for a few hours then use the air compresser to clean it out there was nothing in it.

and it got a brand new air fliter too

stoney420
07-05-2009, 11:21 PM
make sure your decompression lever isnt stuck open too, i dont think it would even run but i have seen them stick open.

curtis slawson
07-05-2009, 11:23 PM
make sure your decompression lever isnt stuck open too, i dont think it would even run but i have seen them stick open.

iv checked this it dosent get stuck . i think were getting closer to the problem keep up the hint and help we will get this soon im not gunn give up

stoney420
07-05-2009, 11:31 PM
im out of ideas, i really dont think its spark related but try the light thing i said up their ^^
if you guys were riding it that day then its probably not a clogged intake but maybe it was the carb then after sitting for 3 years it got a mouse nest or w/e in the intake, highly doubt it but worth a check i guess. if not that then try the spark thing next.....
dont give up and admit defeat, you will beat it.

jimmytheknife
07-06-2009, 01:13 AM
Maybe the floats are set too high?

Dirtcrasher
07-06-2009, 02:13 PM
You obviously need the repair manual so you can at least identify every single carburetor piece, make sure there all in there correctly and the right size. And remove them all and clean them spotless.

Then take a look at the troubleshooting guide.

Honestly though, it sounds like the carb and or an air leak. If it's idling and you squirt carb cleaner around the carb were it bolts up and the intake, does the idle change? If so, you have an air leak.

curtis slawson
07-06-2009, 11:54 PM
i just took off the carb intake and cleaned the whole carb . and put a in ling gas fliter in the 3 wheeler . And she still boggs i think im gunn order a carb rebuild kit

curtis slawson
07-07-2009, 11:30 AM
bumb ??????

curtis slawson
07-07-2009, 07:30 PM
hell i just did the timmin in the 3 wheeler and she still boggs

should i order a jet kit or somthing?

firecat
07-07-2009, 09:39 PM
have you checked what position they put the the needle valve in the carb slide in the clip should be in the 2nd notch and check your airscrew it should be 1- 1 1/4 turns out from lightly seated. check that . it also sounds like they didnt adjust your valves after your valve job they are real noisey.:eek:

Dirtcrasher
07-07-2009, 09:59 PM
Your valves and or cam chain are definitely smacking around! Thats another issue itself.....

Admittingly, I never listened to your vid till just now :D

AND - It's not getting fuel as far as I'm convinced and thats 100%.

There is an airleak somewhere and or a plugged jet and fuel delivery issue. Did you squirt chit on the surfaces while it's bogging like I asked??

Right when your doing that with your throttle, kill the gas on the petcock,kill the engine. Now, if there is a carb drain, open it - Or tip it so far over it goes out the overflow. You should see at least a half a shot glass of fuel or it's not getting into the carb.

EDIT - It almost sounds like there is no needle in the carb slide?

BTW - Your video is one of the clearest I've seen. Alot are jumpy, sound doesn't match, poor quality etc etc but that a great vid :D

If there is fuel, look beyond that. Jets jets jets or an airleak, those are my THOUGHTS!!

curtis slawson
07-07-2009, 10:20 PM
Your valves and or cam chain are definitely smacking around! Thats another issue itself.....

Admittingly, I never listened to your vid till just now :D

AND - It's not getting fuel as far as I'm convinced and thats 100%.

There is an airleak somewhere and or a plugged jet and fuel delivery issue. Did you squirt chit on the surfaces while it's bogging like I asked??

Right when your doing that with your throttle, kill the gas on the petcock,kill the engine. Now, if there is a carb drain, open it - Or tip it so far over it goes out the overflow. You should see at least a half a shot glass of fuel or it's not getting into the carb.

EDIT - It almost sounds like there is no needle in the carb slide?

BTW - Your video is one of the clearest I've seen. Alot are jumpy, sound doesn't match, poor quality etc etc but that a great vid :D

If there is fuel, look beyond that. Jets jets jets or an airleak, those are my THOUGHTS!!

hey iv tryed the spray around the intake and the carb it dosn't make it rev higher.

there fuel going in the 3 wheeler cus there use to be a full take of gas now there about lil less then half .

iv notices it sprays gas out the back of the carb somtimes.

and il ltake a video of th carb so u can see how it looks .

ill take a new video tomrrow of me drivin it problem give more info for u guys

and ill see if the carb needle is even going into the carb slider

curtis slawson
07-07-2009, 10:23 PM
have you checked what position they put the the needle valve in the carb slide in the clip should be in the 2nd notch and check your airscrew it should be 1- 1 1/4 turns out from lightly seated. check that . it also sounds like they didnt adjust your valves after your valve job they are real noisey.:eek:

ill check the needle tomrrow too see if its on the 2nd notch thxs for the tip thanxs

Dirtcrasher
07-08-2009, 01:55 PM
How can you see gas blowing out the back of the carb if there is an airbox and filter installed?

curtis slawson
07-08-2009, 03:20 PM
How can you see gas blowing out the back of the carb if there is an airbox and filter installed?

i took the back tube off jsut to see and it spits gas out

if any one by barrie ontairo canada this thing is for sale

curtis slawson
07-08-2009, 08:56 PM
just checked if the carb needle was gonig in it is going in the hole good and the clip is on the 2nd notch

stoney420
07-08-2009, 10:24 PM
bumb bumb.....

Lukeatc185
07-08-2009, 11:15 PM
let me know when you want me to come grab it off ya. what you want is terribly high considering you were thinking of just scrapping it. if you reconsider a reasonable offer let me know im 40 mins from you.

curtis slawson
07-10-2009, 09:57 PM
hey will a carb off a yamaha 1985tri-moto 200 . fit on a yamaha 1982 tri-moto 200 ??