PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting carb on 1985 250R

Sinbad46
06-24-2009, 11:32 AM
Hi everyone!!!
tell me something, i'm trying to adjust my carb on my ATC250R 1985.
1. When the bike run slow, 1/4 to 1/2 throttle, it run good
2. 1/2 to 3/4 throttle...bogging
3. 3/4 to WOT....run excellent...i have do a plus chop and i drop the main from 148 to 140 and run perfectly. My plug are like a brown paper bag!!! :)

tell me....is it my needle jet set...i'm presently at position #2, like HONDA OEM Spec....and the air screw are 2 turns out, like OEM spec too.

thanks

Sinbad46
06-25-2009, 06:40 PM
anyone have a hint for me???

whyzee
06-25-2009, 11:54 PM
Most important question...is it stock????????
if yes , the main jet I gave you will be perfect. If it is not stock still do the needle the way I said but check your plugs often. ESP. if you are riding in sand!!!

try a 142 main, needle clip at #1
make sure your air filter is clean.
play with air screw until off idle is perfect. you should be able to whick that throttle wide open from idle without any bog at all, even for a split second
if needle clip is bad at #1 go right to # 5
then fine tune
cheers
i miss my two smokes:cry:

Sinbad46
06-26-2009, 08:45 AM
Hi, thanks
my 250R are not stock...
OEM new air filter, over size piston, but i don't remember the bore size
FMF full exhaust system.

I have in the carb an 140 main jet, and the WOT are great, and the spark plug color are ok too (Nice brown color)

On the idle, the bike run great.

Yesterday i have try to move the needle clip to position #1...and when i push the throttle more than 1/4....the motor stall...i try the needle clip at position #3...and a foul and scrap a plug....the bike stall if i go more than 1/4 throttle....

i'll check today my air screw like you said....and i will do a new "road test"

Sinbad46
06-26-2009, 12:26 PM
i try to ride and adjusting my air screw today....i blow a plug!!! When i do my test in the bogging range (1/4 to 1/2 throttle)....the plug blow, the blown plug are very wet and black!!!

i don't know what to do with this mistake!!

Sinbad46
06-26-2009, 03:59 PM
i have some trouble with my clutch now!!! :(
the clutch rod pop out of the case and stuck in this way. I think the clutch plate and basket are ok, but it seem the trouble came from the rod where the clutch cable pin. Someone already have this kind of problem....is it the bearing in the case for this rod???
thanks