PDA

View Full Version : vintage motorsports 110R creation

vintagemotorsports
06-23-2009, 12:35 PM
thought you guys might like to see a little side project of mine , been wanting to do this for a while finally i am able to put it to reality. it started off as a basic crf50 pitbike style frame witch is nice because companies like BBr and such make a ton of sweet bolt on race stuff for this frame , its got a china knock off 110cc engine 4 speeds with reverse and electric start and a semi auto I wanted to build a pitbike that you could just put around on all these little features will be nice . the rear axle swingarm is from an extreme ATV I liked there set up it was real basic and incorporated everything you need in one rear end , running 18x10-8 rear tires ITP wheels , I cut the stock crf50 steering neck right off about 3 inches back nothing really works on the dirt bike neck for a 3 wheeler the rake was way out there and used tiny bearings , i machines out of dom tubing a new steering neck to accept tapered rollers from a 250r , I built a teloscoping frame section that was notched to the rake a desired and was able to slide it into the frame and make my welds and then gusset the hell out of it , its got stock 86 250r triple trees and i made reducer bushing out of aluminum on my lathe to rop the ID down to accept smaller forks ,, the forks are from a tri motor 225dx they have the perfect length i needed and look correct as far as diameter etc for a scaled down machine , the front hub is from a tri moto 225 also I machines a itp wheel from a yamaha badger to accept the 3 bolt hub and am using a stock ohrsu 200sx front tire 20x7x8 , I am trying to resemble the 86 250r as far as colors etc I will decal it up and at some point anodize the wheels gold should be a fun little pitbike for mid ohio this year ,, enjoy Mike

brapp
06-23-2009, 12:41 PM
awesoem littel project man you d soem awesoem top notch work in my eyes!

chris200x
06-23-2009, 12:54 PM
Wow! if these bike companies where still making trikes.. I believe thats exactly what would be offered. One word pops in my mind looking at those pics... AMAZING!!!!

Dirtcrasher
06-23-2009, 03:59 PM
Another awesome job Mike!!

Best part is it has super clean "meant to be there" lines to it :D

tecat-z
06-23-2009, 04:21 PM
It really is an amazing little machine. Outstanding work man.....:beer

atcman77
06-23-2009, 04:36 PM
Mike that is an awesome build!!! Excellent work!!! :drool: :drool:

Please keep us updated as it progresses!

devilman
06-23-2009, 05:09 PM
I don't know how to describe it. Amazing can't cover it. just what my son needs.

what front fender will you be using?

vintagemotorsports
06-23-2009, 05:19 PM
thanks guys,
I am pretty pleased with how its coming so far, on the front fender a buddy of mine out in CA has modified a bunch of stock atc70s and i have seen him cut down a stock atc70 fender basically he cuts off the ears on the sides and then takes about an inch off the fender that rolls down the side and rounds off the front looks pretty cool and 250r ish so i ordered a maier fender and will play with that and see what i can come up with , I want the controls and everything to look like the 86 250r I am using the oem bars, grips and throttle assembly and the kill switch i am using one from an 86 125m its looks identical to the 250r but also has a start button I will wire it in so everything works as it should . the seat will get stenciled with the ATC on the side , and i matched up blue fork boots from a 91 honda ez90 cub those should be in soon . I am not going to run a light so i think I might run some sort of front number plate havent got that far yet . more pics as it progresses

Mike

blue27
06-23-2009, 09:30 PM
Looking GREAT Mike!!!

torker
06-23-2009, 10:52 PM
I have no words :drool: :drool: :drool:

How much you think it will weight???

TORKER.

vintagemotorsports
06-24-2009, 07:30 AM
Im not sure what it will weigh yet , but Im quessing 200-250 lbs the rear axle design adds a ton of weight extreme uses a 1 1/4 in racing go kart axle but its solid steel witch makes it crazy strong but heavy my buddy races karts and you can get all types of grades of axles aluminum and my favorite titanium but big $$$ maybe on the next one . I think it would be cool to build model specific pit 3 wheelers Im already thinking 86 tecate make basically the same bike but alter all the colors to a specific model . need to finish this one first (LOL)

Mike

coldfuzion76
06-24-2009, 09:10 AM
Dude, that's awesome. Yet another example of why I hang around here. :drool: :drool: :drool: :TrikesOwn