PDA

View Full Version : Saved another from death.. 1985 Honda 110

TrailerRider
06-23-2009, 01:23 AM
Neighbor asked me a few days ago to take a look at his sons little jap mini moto quad 50. Said it would not run after he added fuel. I asked if it was 2 or 4 stroke. He said 2. I said to myself uh oh, maybe he ran it way to lean and seized the piston. Anyway he pushed it into the yard and I got to looking. Gas was a little on the rich side, had compression, told son to hold the spark plug wire and I give it yank :naughty: . No spark (dang). Looked at swicth and it was busted. rigged switch to test and told son to hold the wire again. This time he knew what I was up to.. I said what am I up to :wondering. Your trying to shock me. Ok, you got me. I looked close and his finger was just bearly touching the wires on the plug wire.... :twisted:. YANK! Zap.. DAD! it has spark...:lol: :w00t: Another burn on the boy (when I get old I know he has it out for me :)). Anyway it fired up and needed the carb adjusted. Got it all up and running and he said I have this old 3 wheeler up at my ranch and I have no use for it anymore. He can't remember the last time he ran it. But it does run he says. So he asked I wanted it in trade for helping with the quad. I said, YES!!! He said if anything it will make a great parts machine for your other 110's. So he showed up tonight and it is rough but is all there. Has compression, but the throttle cable is froze and the brake handle cable is froze and broke as well. He said it does not have much power in low gear going up hill but in high it moves along pretty good. Needs plastics front and rear but will likely get zip tied together as I canot afford new plastics right now. Rear has no plya and rolls really easy. So I will likely fix this one for my daughter. The fleet is getting big now. Wife said I can't buy anymore but I can barder for them..lol This put us to 6 runers and 1 parts. Not sure why but I keep running into 110's..lol

CRAZY70MAN
06-23-2009, 05:40 AM
Great save..... looks like a lot there to work with. Got some 83 110 parts if you are lookin. Good luck.:beer

Dirtcrasher
06-23-2009, 12:06 PM
Can't beat that price!

Too bad your in CA. I have an 85 110 with a nice seat and decent rear fender too and the whole motor (in pieces of course :D)