PDA

View Full Version : 86 250sx swingarm help

250sxRacer
07-24-2003, 08:23 PM
i need help getting the nut off the swingarm bolt. i tried lubes and everything is there a special tool b/c im only using a screwdriver and hammer.

mxc495
07-25-2003, 07:00 AM
There is a special tool however I use a metal drift (looks almost like a chisel but has a round flat end) and hammer.

Dirtcrasher
07-26-2003, 08:10 AM
i need help getting the nut off the swingarm bolt. i tried lubes and everything is there a special tool b/c im only using a screwdriver and hammer.

I'll bet the tool is useless due to corrosion being in there. I use a 2lb hammer and a 5/16 diameter pin punch with a nice 90 degree end on it. One or two good whack loosens it up just fine. Then I ue a 17mm bolt with a nut welded on it to remove the pivot bolt. Just did 4 SX swingarms and bearings and seals with grease fittings. Got all of them apart except one which I used a little heat and spray and whack and heat and spray and whack and whack and ......it came loose too. Make sure you torque that pivot bolt just as the manual says or you'll come loose. I still have 2 sets of bearings but noone seems to like half price :rolleyes: . Good luck with the SX!

John mendolera
07-26-2003, 12:28 PM
when I can't get rusty stuff off I use PB blaster it's the best stuff .I use to try with wd40 what a joke that was.

J.D.
07-26-2003, 01:47 PM
when I can't get rusty stuff off I use PB blaster it's the best stuff .I use to try with wd40 what a joke that was.

AMEN to that brother!