PDA

View Full Version : What 85 ATC110 parts fit or improve a ATC70??

Dirtcrasher
06-18-2009, 03:46 PM
I picked up an 85 ATC110 and it's very similar looking to my 85 ATC70 in the way it's built.....

So, before I rip it into a hundred pieces, is there anything worth saving for my 70??

It's too rusty for me to bother restoring it, nice seat though :D

Thanks for any help!!

rdlsz24
06-18-2009, 04:26 PM
The engine bolts into the 70 correct? :naughty:

Rob

Vealmonkey
06-18-2009, 04:47 PM
The engine will bolt in, but it's a little more involved than that. You have to relocate and redrill one set of holes. Also the 110 is a little longer than the 70 so you either won't want to run a front fender or you may want to lengthen your frame. You probably should install a front engine mount since the 110 is heavier than the 70. And except for the wiring harness and electrical parts for the 110 engine, you might like the 110 handlebars better. And that's about it. Also I forgot, you can use the 110 rear bearing carrier, but again you have to redrill holes and then you could use the 110 rear axle. I haven't done this though but have read about it from greenhuman.

Dirtcrasher
06-18-2009, 07:03 PM
I imagine that the 110 motor would need as much work as the 70 powerplant so it's back to the "which aftermarket motor is enough for a 70" question. IMO, There's no use dumping 300$ into that Honda motor in the situation of low displacement Honda ATC's.......

I brought this up because the design is near identical. Of course the 1st thing I noticed was the similarity in design. The rear axle and carrier look VERY similar so I'd keep them, clean them up/PC them and use them if they have a larger diameter or longer axle and or larger OD carrier bearings.

Thats the stuff I'm trying to figure out. No real hurry, I won't part it until I figure out whats up, even asa far as the coil and on/off switch go etc etc etc............

I hope to hear from all our other resident ATC70 experts. Thank you for any and all thoughts and comments :D

Anybody need 110 parts?? :)

CRAZY70MAN
06-18-2009, 09:56 PM
Wondered the same myself???? The 110 bars are hardly worth the extra 1 1/2"..... I thought. Rise was about the same when I measured mine, not a real big difference. Personally would never switch rear carrier, hate the 110 set up...... seems to be a bit more maintenance to me. I went with 90cc KRP kickstart motor, lighter for one...... 12 tooth front and a larger carb and open filter and that mud sl*t rips........... I have a 110 motor and still may try and stuff er' in my next project..... just want one I guess all though it seems to be pretty useless as you say for the gain??? I made my own 4" axle spacers and used Kenda k530's on my 70 rear and got a above the seat air filter...... you probably seen it.... it is taking shape...... will have it at trikefest.... here is a pic of the monster.... lol lol lol !!! http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo321/andyatc70/th_Picture415.jpg (http://s388.photobucket.com/albums/oo321/andyatc70/?action=view&current=Picture415.jpg) good luck crasher......

Dirtcrasher
06-19-2009, 10:09 PM
^ SWAMPLADY - I love it :lol:

Anyone one else on these?? ^^^^Thanks guys

IDK squat about unsuspended and utility trikes (aside from the SX which is sport in my eyes)

Of course I can lay the parts side by side and compare them..... I just want to weed out what can be kept, sold and thrown away.

The frames are close, aside from one being 75% of the overall size of the other :lol:

For that matter, guys use all kinds of frames such as SL, XR, custom and crazy huge motors motors up to a couple hundred CC's.

So, begs the question "WHEN is it no longer an ATC70??" :lol:

When I use the ATC70 gas tank, handlebars and stickers??

I guess it doesn't matter as long as you look huge on it with it's tiny tires, as you ride by little kids sneering at you......