PDA

View Full Version : And another wheeler in the fold....

DixiePlowboy
06-15-2009, 11:53 PM
Just added this Tri-Z from the classifieds (thanks 2quick4u !) to our growing collection. This one will be my about to turn 13-year old sons. He's been riding dirt bikes for years(has a TTR125 and an RM 80) and has ridden my Tecate, his older brother's '85 250R, and.....well, his little brother's ATC 70:D .

Down side for him is his mother picked it up today in Michigan and he's in Alabama with me till August, so he's gonna have to wait a little bit to actually ride it.

That just gives me plenty of time teaching/coaching him on the R and Tecate down here....so that he'll be more prepared for the Z.

chris200x
06-15-2009, 11:57 PM
thanks for the half a pic! :D Looks like a pretty decent machine (from what I can actually see lol)

Sounds like your boys is one lucky trailpro!!! Bet he cant wait to get home a tear stuff up!

harryredtrike
06-16-2009, 12:20 AM
im sure you did ,but teach him the day you dont respect the machine is the day you get hurt

DixiePlowboy
06-16-2009, 12:30 AM
im sure you did ,but teach him the day you dont respect the machine is the day you get hurt

You're correct, I have drilled safety and consequences into their heads......BUT, my 28-year old brother taught them all a big lesson yesterday. He was riding my boy's 250R in the back yard and refused to heed my warning that he was NOT going to slide Holeshots on dry grass without eventually hitting the ground.

He hit the ground hard enough to knock himself out cold for about 4 minutes. Being strapped to a backboard, loaded in an ambulance, and spending most of the night in the ER and on a catscan table got his attention.....and my boys'.

Brother is fine save some serious neck muscle pain. The R is unscathed. The boys believe me now.

Saw the neighbor's kids riding with helmets the first time today after all this.

Dammit!
06-16-2009, 01:14 AM
Getting my bell rung pretty bad like that is what got me out of my no helmet phase too.

Nick_R_23
06-16-2009, 03:04 AM
+1 on that helmet thing, I used to ride with it sometimes and other times not. Until one day me and my friend were racing down a dirt road, I clipped the side burm at 55 mph and rolled it...apparantly it was a pretty spectacular show. Anyway, I hit the ditch head first and thankfully had worn my helmet that day, because I knocked a rock bigger then a football out of the ground with the helmet, and it put me out for over a minute. You wont catch me with out one now.

On a happier note, the Z looks like its in nice shape, I wish my dad had bought me one at 13!!! :drool:

-Nick :TrikesOwn