PDA

View Full Version : 200m chain guard

Psyonyde
07-24-2003, 12:02 PM
I am planning on taking my 200m on a trial that i havnt been on before. My freind says that there is some water on it. My chain guard is missing the thing that keeps the water out. I forget what it is called. I was wondering if i could use caulk (sp) around the chain guard to keep water out. I know this sounds stupid, but its the only way I can explain it.

Psyonyde
07-24-2003, 12:08 PM
Oh yeah I forgot to ask. I was wondering what kind of tires would be good for me. I usually ride in mud, dirt, and in winter, snow. I am also trying to spend under 100 bucks on each tire.
these will be going on my 200m.

Mobular
07-24-2003, 12:29 PM
I removed the chainguard on my 200M because it was more of a pain than anything else! Just keep the chain clean and lubed and there won't be a problem. Think of it this way, the sport and performance trikes all have exposed chains, so why not run yours that way? Just try not to clear the trail of any big rocks with the rear sprocket!!

Psyonyde
07-24-2003, 12:33 PM
Thats the thing though..I NEED the chain guard. when i go through trail. i usually have to go through un-broken bush/really crappy stuff.I usually get jacked up on rocks and stumps, and it frightens me to think of what may have happend if the chain guard wasnt there