PDA

View Full Version : 85 T3 Shifter In My Way!!

Jason Hall
06-14-2009, 09:51 PM
Anyone else have this problem. I aquired this trike a few months ago. I LOVE the power of the engine. It makes GREAT low end torque. My only gripe Is I keep stepping down on the shifter on hard left hand turns and free revving the hell out of the old girl. I'm thinking about welding a piece of flat stock on the left side of the shifter on the Inner section of the footpeg mount.:beer

http://http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff42/Jasons450r/85T35.jpg

What do you guy think of my Holeshot front tire? :Bounce
It was all I had to put up there :w00t: I didn't realize the T3 had a 10" front tire until I went to mount a 11" front max on the rim. I guess this little 22" will have to do.

Dirtcrasher
06-14-2009, 10:17 PM
It's funny that it's just a bit smaller tire, but it looks TEENIE TINY on there:lol:

I'm sure the shifter would be one of your easiest achievements :D

Jason Hall
06-14-2009, 10:36 PM
DC, I hope to find some 18" rears sooner or later, maybe that front won't look as small then :Bounce This thing Is my new favorite ride. I've been riding the heck outa this thing :w00t:

Yes, the shifter Is an easy fix :D A little piece of angle Iron tweeked just right will make It SWEET.

brapp
06-14-2009, 10:41 PM
they are fun machines i just lobe the 86-87 version alotttt better

Jason Hall
06-14-2009, 11:00 PM
I'm sure the 86-87's are sweet Brapp. I just can't find one cheap enough. I guess If I did find one cheap, It would be Impossable to find the needed parts to make It decent.

dcreel
06-14-2009, 11:08 PM
Real nice Tecate. I agree they are awesome. I have never hit the shifter unless shifting. I have noticed how flimsy the shifters themselves are. I got a real nice folding tip shifter on the 85 but it was welded on by the previous owner.

When you do the mod to the shifter would you show a pic of it please?
Thanks,
Doug

Jason Hall
06-14-2009, 11:17 PM
Dcreel, I will post up a picture once I get It done. I only have a problem when I lean way down on the left peg. My heal slides over and pushes down on the middle of the shifter :D

dcreel
06-14-2009, 11:26 PM
Dcreel, I will post up a picture once I get It done. I only have a problem when I lean way down on the left peg. My heal slides over and pushes down on the middle of the shifter :D

Do you mean welding a vertical piece at the inner end of the footpeg to keep your foot on the peg? Exactly where the weld let go on my 84's left footpeg out at the dunes on the whoops. It bent straight down and touched the sand. Thanks for the pictures when you get it done.

Jason Hall
06-14-2009, 11:31 PM
Quote- Do you mean welding a vertical piece at the inner end of the footpeg to keep your foot on the peg?

Yes, thats what I'm thinking.