PDA

View Full Version : Mondernizing the 200x....

coldfuzion76
06-14-2009, 07:13 PM
Ok, my XR200R motor build is kinda stalled, cause I just started a new job and I'm BROKE!!! lol. SO I got to thinking about what I would like to do with the rest of the trike. This is further down the line of course, but I was thinking it's be neat to maybe modernize it a bit by modifying some later model plastics to fit off say, the 300ex, or 250ex.

SEEMS like it wouldn't be that hard, but I don't know some of the little things from here, such as the seat pan width and the like. After that, I'm not sure if I would go for a hard mount, or try and make them removable like the stock setup. I really like the black 250ex fender shown, and maybe paint the frame and motor the silver current factory colors.

Also I'd like to switch from the square headlight, but that's easy. Just torn between the Acerbis Dimension and Cyclops headlights....

Anybody got an old junk rear fender I can screw up trying to make it fit?

3some
06-15-2009, 12:30 AM
I was actually thinking about this not to long ago but I didnt have the cash to try something ya know...

coldfuzion76
06-15-2009, 10:22 AM
Yeah, I got to diggin around last night and found skyo's post with a 450r fender on a 250r, and it looked like the fit was going to be good. So you know it'd be close on our little x's. I'm just trying to find somebody close that has some old junk plastic to play with before I spend $200 on plastic that I can't use...

3some
06-15-2009, 12:46 PM
Exactley, I was looking for wrecked or blown up stuff on craigs list and ebay.I was thinking about trying to get a plastic tank as well.

coldfuzion76
06-15-2009, 11:07 PM
I thought about the clarke plastic tanks, but I REALLY don't want to spend 200 bucks on one. Havin a hard enough time spending that on stuff I NEED, let alone something like that. Lol. Found a couple fenders on fleabay, but shipping is STOOPID high on them. Gotta ask around some of the guys around local.